Solar Impact, Inc.
Are you looking for an exciting job in a growing industry? Solar Impact is recruiting a Journeyman Electrician to join our growing Operations Team. In this role, it will be your job to assist our customers in the maintenance, repair, and installation of their solar systems. We’ll ask you to perform these tasks for both residential and commercial clients.
As a journeyman electrician, you will be asked to complete a wide variety of tasks. You should be able to perform inspections and conduct assessments of electrical systems. You should also be able to read blueprints and interpret them to determine the best way to resolve the problems in an electrical system. To accomplish all of this, you will need to have a deep familiarity with wiring, commonly used electrical tools, and various components.
Candidates should have already completed an electrician apprenticeship, and have a minimum of 2 years of previous electrical and construction experience.
Solar Impact offers competitive pay and benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401k, and employee ownership!
- Installation of electrical equipment in accordance with the NEC
- Read and interpret electrical blueprints
- Use a variety of tools and techniques to repair and maintain electrical systems
- Use your knowledge to determine the best way to install new electrical systems
- Answer any questions that our customers may have about their electrical systems and components
- Ensure that you follow all safety requirements and OSHA guidelines while you work
- Work with a team of fellow installers assembling all components related to a solar installation. Including; job prep, roof layout, racking and attachment installation, and system monitoring installation
- Organization of tools and parts for installation vehicle
- Participate in online and in-person training related to safety, electrical, and solar installation
- Communicate regularly with team members to ensure projects are moving along safely, quickly, and efficiently
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Communicate with customers in a professional and positive manner
- Review projects post-install to determine areas for efficiency improvement
- Night and weekend availability is occasionally required to meet project needs
- Out-of-town travel may be required
- Perform duties safely and in compliance with OSHA regulations
- Must be a Journeyman Electrician
- Minimum of 2 years of electrical and construction experience
- Must be an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Knowledge of the NEC is required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Must be able to pass a background/MVR check and fit-for-duty exam
- Must have high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage a high volume of tasks concurrently
- Proficiency with computers is required, experience with Apple computers is especially beneficial
- OSHA 10 preferred
$23 per hour
About Solar Impact, Inc.
Solar Impact is a leading solar installer in North Central Florida with a seasoned team of solar professionals. Founded in 2007, we have successfully installed hundreds of solar arrays, including landmark solar projects around the state of Florida. We proudly operate an employee-owned company that provides PTO, Group Health, 401K, and Profit-Sharing benefits to our team members. Our customer base includes homeowners, small businesses, public schools, multi-national companies, agricultural businesses, utilities, and many of our own employee-owners. We have been voted Gainesville Business of the Year for our Commitment to the Environment.