Populist Cleaning Co
Paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), health care, and 401(k) - If this sounds good to you, come join our team!
Our clients rely on us to keep their spaces clean, safe, and secure. We’re looking for a friendly and professional team member to join Populist Cleaning Co as an Area Assistant. The Area Assistant acts as a “right-hand person” to the Area Manager, helping them keep their area’s buildings clean, customers satisfied, and staff happy.
You’ll assist in the creation of weekly employee schedules, training employees, and ensuring quality throughout the area. When needed, you’re happy to roll up your sleeves and work with the team to get a cleaning job done! You have a willingness to learn, develop professionally, communicate openly and honestly, and lead by example in accordance with Populist Cleaning Co’s core values.
In addition to the use of a company vehicle while at work, this position also offers health insurance, a company retirement plan, professional development, and career advancement opportunities.
- Fill any opening on the cleaning schedule due to staff shortages, buildings being added to the schedule, or employee absenteeism
- Coverage Management - Analyze the uncovered building slots and make decisions on which cleaner to place at which building
- Train newly hired and existing Populist Cleaning Co employees following all company and customer guidelines and processes
- Assist with the pick-up and delivery of supplies and equipment
- Assist with building inspections, including backchecking, quality, and improvement needs. Document and communicate with Area Manager as necessary. Suggestions and concerns are always welcome
- Complete special projects such as deep and detailed cleaning
- Assist with the implementation of various processes
- Assist with organizing per branch and operational compliance and standards
- Assist management with any other operational needs deemed necessary and under the role requirements
- Additional paid mandatory training sessions will be required and may include but are not limited to Harassment Training, Conflict-Resolution Training, Equipment Training, and Technical Training
- Complete the “Training the Trainers” program
- The Area Assistant must have a willingness to learn, develop professionally, have open and honest communication, and lead by example and under Populist Cleaning Co’s mission, professional culture, core values, and standards
- All aspects, duties, and requirements of the Area Assistant position are subject to change at any time to accommodate and support the assigned building, company requirements, and the customer’s needs and expectations
- Additional terms of employment are subject to company employee handbook agreements and periodic assessments relating to work performance
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly Wage Range: $16 an hour, commensurate with experience
- Evening Shift with flexible hours: 40+ hours per week
- Two weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO). (Must request at least 14 days in advance)
- Paid holidays - 6 per year
- Health, vision, and dental insurance are available after 90 days of employment
- Company-provided vehicle, cell phone stipend, and laptop
- Company 401K with match after one year of employment
- Commission opportunities are available
- After 90 days, you will be eligible for a pay increase of $0.50 per hour with successful performance
- If applicable, you will be eligible for a $400 Attendance bonus, per the Populist Cleaning Company Guidelines
Location and Travel
This position is based out of the Main Office, located in Ypsilanti, MI.
The Area Assistant spends time both in the office and at various job sites throughout the week, with a flexible schedule. This is not a stationary job - You’ll be visiting job sites throughout Southeast Michigan to ensure quality, checking in with field cleaners, cleaning job sites as necessary, and coordinating with your Area Manager on projects.
- Customer service experience in our industry is preferred
- Display excellent written, problem-solving, and verbal communication skills
- Shows ability to quickly finish very detailed work
- High school diploma or GED required, some college experience preferred
About Populist Cleaning Co
Populist Cleaning Co is a family-owned business, with a family feel. We’re on the next level of growth, with a 10-year plan, looking to add the right person to our management team – someone to help us grow in the same direction, bringing work and family culture together to create a supportive and personable business. Come join our dynamic team!
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, height, weight, gender expression, or other legally protected classification.