Turtle Creek Construction LLC
We’re looking to hire a hard-working janitor who can maintain the cleanliness and safety of our building. You’ll be responsible for all cleaning duties including vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing restrooms with soapy water, and shampooing carpets, in addition to maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs and emptying trash. The ideal candidate has a great work ethic, experience with cleaning equipment and supplies, and takes pride in a job well done.
- Vacuum carpets, mop floors, scrub restrooms, dust furniture, and empty trash cans daily
- Ensure the building is clean, safe, and well-maintained
- Wipe up spills and other hazards with sponges and squeegees
- Complete regularly scheduled maintenance duties like cleaning windows, shampooing carpets, supplying restrooms, changing light bulbs, and performing minor repairs
- Secure building by locking doors once cleaning is complete
- Clean facilities or sites as directed
- Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming or other methods as directed
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications
- Maintain machines or equipment
- Clean equipment or supplies
- Dispose of trash or waste materials, remove debris from work sites
- Driver’s license or reliable transportation to and from the worksite
- 1+ years of experience as a janitor, cleaning crew member, or similar position
- Great physical health and stamina
- Familiarity with cleaning supplies and cleaning equipment
- Must be a hard-worker with high attention to detail and have a strong work ethic
The following are some expectations for the position, additional expectations may be added as needed to complete the mission.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems
- Monitoring/Assessing: performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
$15 - $16 hourly
About Turtle Creek Construction LLC
Turtle Creek Construction LLC (TCC), a federal government contractor, specializes in acquiring the products and services the government needs to complete their missions. We expect all TCC employees to live our values of Collaboration, Diversity, Innovation, and Transparency.
Our mission requires us to hire responsible people who appreciate the mission of the government employees we serve. If you are interested in working with an organization that is dedicated to providing opportunities to learn and grow, then TCC might be a good fit for you. If you are looking for a new opportunity to do meaningful work in a supportive environment, then complete the application process.
We require every applicant to complete the assessments which take less than 7 minutes each to complete. Thank you for your interest in Turtle Creek Construction LLC.