Brian Gifford & Associates, LLC is seeking an energetic and results-driven IT System Administrator in Reno, NV for a full-time position in our managed services team. As part of our team, you will be supporting a diverse client base and a broad range of technologies. IT Service Engineers are the front line of customer services who are responsible for helping to support customer technology infrastructure onsite and remotely.
The ideal candidate will thrive under pressure, as you must triage, troubleshoot and resolve IT incidents within a high volume multi-client environment. You must also work with a multitude of vendors involved with our client’s IT infrastructure (e.g. voice, data, applications, hardware, etc.).
Our professional team enjoys a casual atmosphere in a dynamic and quickly growing high-tech company. The successful candidate will be an integral part of technical team and will gain exposure to cutting edge technologies. Additionally, this position will provide opportunities for self-development, formal training, and professional growth. Reno area local candidates preferred. No relocation assistance is provided.
- Monitor ticket queues to accept, triage, and escalate tickets as needed.
- Use remote support tools and ticketing system to support clients using Microsoft environments, including Windows and Office 365.
- Troubleshoot and repair desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and a variety of network systems.
- Remotely complete client requests for new users, PC, and application installs.
- Coordinate with client vendors.
- Utilize professional communication skills to proactively inform clients and vendors of progress during incidents and outages.
- Perform documentation of all work in Autotask ticketing system as it is performed, and expand company procedures to maintain knowledge base.
- Escalate service issues as needed.
- Provide polished and exceptional customer service to every client using email, phone, and other forms of communication.
- Ability to maintain calm and professional demeanor in the face of adversity and confusion.
- Highly motivated to learn new processes and technologies in detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond quickly to changes.
- Experience in a business IT setting, Managed Services Provider experience preferred.
- Professional experience administering both end user and server components within Microsoft Active Directory domains.
- Experience administering Windows 7 desktop, Windows Server 2008 and later.
- Experienced in Microsoft enterprise system configuration and architecture (Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, and Terminal Services).
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP concepts and troubleshooting.
- Possess one of the following certifications: Microsoft MTA, MCP, Network+, A+ or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with network and systems virtualization, remote monitoring & management, Veeam software, VMware vSphere, and Cisco IOS networking skills a bonus.
At Brian Gifford & Associates, we provide the tools and services that enable businesses across the US to grow and thrive through technology. Our broad portfolio of innovative products and services are backed by our deep experience and reputation for excellence. As a result, we are a trusted advisor to clients from emerging businesses to large enterprises.
We reward the most determined, disciplined and focused contributors and offer company paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as generous personal time off and company paid holidays.
If you want to jump-start a career in an exciting and fast moving company, we would like to hear from you.