ITologist is in need of an experienced IT support specialist. We are a small but growing startup that needs a go-to professional that will work with clients for technical support and special projects. Applicants should be able maintain high levels of productivity while never compromising on quality support.
Notes and what we are looking for in a candidate for this role:
- This is a part-time, hourly rate contractor role to being. This role could transition into a long-term 40 hour+ week role in the future.
- This role is ONLY for people living in the Syracuse, Central New York and surrounding areas due to the occasional need to travel on-premise to a clients location. Applicants outside of the Syracuse and Central New York area will not be considered for this role.
Our Top 5 Company Values:
- Highest customer service experience
- Exceed expectations
- Integrity and honest communication
- Balanced life and work
Purpose of ITologist:
ITologist is anti-stereotypical IT support.
We work hand-in-hand with business owners and end-users to provide the highest level of white-glove technical support you can experience.
We communicate openly and speak in terms that you can understand.
We expect your technology to run as smoothly as possible to empower your business.
We thrive off of building systems and solutions that allow you to WIN.
We are anti-corporate, anti-red tape and anti-status quo
10 Technical things needed from this role to align with us:
- Remote support troubleshooting and resolution with clients
- On-site support troubleshooting and resolution with clients
- Bring new ideas to the table
- Bring technical expertise and fill gaps
- Generate new leads and bring in clients
- Work directly with clients to build and maintain relationships
- Help to standardize and streamline internal systems
- Hands-on with one-off project based and infrastructure jobs
- Assist with A/V needs and jobs’
- Interest in learning and advancing new skill sets and education
5 Non-technical things needed from this role to align with our values:
- Be open-minded
- Be consistent
- Share ideas freely
- Be courteous
- Be ok with saying ‘I don’t know’ when unfamiliar with something
- Save all files to a computer backup to make sure files are not lost in case the system crashes
- Keep all technical hardware and systems up to date, including phone systems, printers, computers, operating systems, network systems, and any other technical equipment
- Troubleshoot technological issues and solve problems quickly to ensure our business operations run smoothly
- Make sure new employees have their user accounts, company email, and appropriate security access so they can complete assigned tasks
- Secure all computer systems and run regular checks to protect our business from cyber security threats
- Great customer service skills and passionate about helping our business succeed
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office
- General knowledge of troubleshooting Internet connectivity, phone systems, network systems, and other technological office equipment
- Skilled in communication, time management, and organization
- 5-years minimum experience in the field of IT and technical support
- Some Project Management experience (preferred)
- Excellent personal and interfacing skills
- Windows server knowledge (on-premise and cloud-based)
- Office 365 Management preferred (certification a huge plus)
- Ability to travel to client locations and lift boxes
$30 - $40 hourly
About ITologist, LLC
ITologist helps busy businesses receive the highest level of tech support so employees can optimize performance and focus on what they do best.
We are a small but growing IT solutions, service, and project management company based out of Syracuse, NY.
As a customer service award winner, we aim to overdeliver both high-level value and results-driven support and solutions to each and every one of our clients.
We support a variety of industry backgrounds from both small startups to medium-size businesses to enterprise-class.
Our aim is to be the most customer-focused, personal, and engaging IT support provider in the area. Our clients LOVE working with us because of our attention to detail, quick turnaround, and willingness to overdeliver and get the job done.
Often times we work with a client that requires a creative or unique solution to a problem that no one else can or is willing to address.