Echopath, an IT-managed services provider, is seeking an IT Project Engineer who will be a member of our agile project team and responsible for implementing solutions for our customers. This remote position would primarily work from home, but the individual filling the role would be expected to be in the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas area in the case a project required onsite work in the region.
In this position, expect to work with a variety of technologies to implement our solutions and ensure customer success. A typical day includes engaging in morning standups about the status of your work, what challenges and achievements you are facing, and what you are working towards that day. Your ability to communicate with others proactively and effectively is key. You will be regularly collaborating with customers, vendors, other project engineers, and project owners to make sure tasks and deliverables are completed on time. In this position, you will also handle the highest level of escalations from the help desk where you may have an in-depth knowledge of the problem and the ability to solve it.
Examples of the types of projects we could be working on include Microsoft 365 implementations and migrations including Intune services and endpoint administration, Microsoft Azure deployments, hosted server environments including remote desktop services, firewall and network infrastructure design and implementations, application deployment (Prophet 21), SQL database configuration and optimization, security tools and configuration, and managed service implementations using ConnectWise Automate.
The ideal candidate will be reliable, highly motivated, possess the ability to work well individually and within our team, have the desire to learn, and have a keen eye for detail and organization.
- Attend and contribute to project meetings: Daily Stand Ups, Project Refinement, Sprint Planning, and Retrospectives
- Configure, deploy, and maintain Azure services, including virtual machines, virtual desktop, storage accounts, networking, and security
- Design and implement network architecture, including routers, access points, switches, firewalls, and load balancers, to meet client requirements
- Configure and setup Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and other core network services
- Setup Microsoft 365 services, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Teams, Intune, Autopilot, Azure Active Directory, and other related services
- Install business applications, including IIS web apps, utilizing various documentation and requirements
- Collaborate with other teams, including developers, project managers, business development, and vendors, to ensure project success
- Take responsibility and complete project tasks in a timely manner
- Mentor and assist other support technicians and engineers as needed
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve escalated service requests
- Thoroughly and accurately record work completed and punctual time entry
- Develop and maintain documentation, including technical specifications, system diagrams, and operational procedures
- Follow established priority guidelines and published processes
- Achieve and maintain vendor certifications as necessary
- Available to participate in the on-call rotation and provide after-hours support as needed
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 3+ Years of IT systems implementation experience
- Demonstrated experience in deploying and configuring Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) services, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Teams, Intune, Azure Active Directory, and other related services
- Experience deploying and configuring Azure services, including virtual machines, virtual desktop, storage accounts, networking, and security
- Strong understanding of network architecture and protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, network segmentation, and firewalls
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, and other core network services
- Knowledge of security best practices, including identity and access management, network security, and data encryption
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
Preferred Solutions Experience
- ConnectWise Manage and Automate
- Epicor Prophet 21
$70,000 - $75,000 yearly
Echopath is an Indianapolis, IN-based IT Managed Services provider. We deliver IT projects, systems administration, help desk, and strategic planning services to clients across the United States. Our team takes pride in ensuring clients get the best solutions for their businesses. By combining a deep understanding of technology and their organization, we become our clients’ trusted partners in IT.
Benefits: Health insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 401(k), Life Insurance, Small business/have an impact culture, input in a growing company, Newly renovated office, Paid Holidays, Paid time off
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (EOE/AA M/F/D/V/SO/GI)