Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
Do you want to take pride in what you do? Do you want to be able to see the end product of what you are working with daily? Look no further. Gardner Cranberry is hiring a full-time IPM Scout to work on our marshes. This position is responsible for scouting all of our marshes throughout the state.
- Hours: Variable
- Compensation: Based on experience.
Benefits: Gardner Cranberry offers a full benefits package. We also offer paid vacation, health insurance with a $3,400 HRA contribution to a single plan and a $6,800 HRA contribution to a family plan, an HSA account with a monthly employer contribution, dental, vision, critical illness, accident, 401K, long term disability, short term disability, and a $25,000 company paid Life and AD&D insurance.
Apply today to join our growing team!
- Checks symptoms or signs for pest or disease such as (Spider mite, Aphids, Thrips, Botrytis, Pythium, Fusarium, etc.).
- Inspects main areas of concern such as leaves, stems, branches, flowers, and fruits.
- Walkthrough the plant using the scouting map to identify pests or diseases in a timely manner to meet the target as assigned.
- Check the nearby plants of the affected plant to ensure no pests or diseases are in them.
- Maintain biological control process by removing heavily infected leaves and apply bios or pesticides for spider mites and other insects.
- Fill in the scouting map and mark it to explain all identified issues related to pests and diseases.
- Submit scouting map report to Marsh Manager.
- Reports excessive amount of weeds to the growers in order to remove them.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to take ownership of projects and organized tasks with Marsh Manager
- Confidence in making own decisions and executing plans
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Great attention to detail
- Great time management skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Honesty and integrity
- Preferred background in agriculture and/or natural resources/environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Prior experience will be considered
$35,000 - $45,000 yearly
About Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
Badger State Fruit Processing is one of the largest, independent, cranberry growers in the country! We have our own receiving station, cold storage freezers, juice concentrating facility, sweetened dried facility, distribution warehouses, and Gardner Trucking. We deliver superior quality fruit and superior customer service.
Visit our website: www.badgerstatefruit.com
Or Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/BadgerStateFruit