Scott Engineering, Inc.
The Inventory Control Specialist will maintain the organizations inventory, ordering and supplying necessary items while maintaining accurate records of all procurements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains consistent stock of inventory, Processes requisitions as required, tracks orders and investigates problems.
- Establishes and maintains backup source for high-demand items.
- Assesses inventory reports and order patterns to identify items in need of automatic, recurring delivery.
- Initiate restock of all material once it reaches the minimum.Provides inventory reports to purchasing manager.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with vendors.
- Maintains accurate daily records of goods received and shipments made.
- Manages and maintains inventory system; facilitates upgrades to related database and/or software under the direction of the purchasing manager.
- Conducts frequent spot and partial audits of physical inventory.
- Assists with periodic (at least annual) physical inventory audits.
- Operates forklift truck when necessary.
- Records purchases, maintains database, performs physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports.
- Processes and document returns as required following established procedures.
- Performs routine clerical duties and data entry.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and MRP systems
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
About Scott Engineering, Inc.
Scott Engineering, Inc. (SEI), a leader in the design and production of medium voltage pole- and pad-mounted equipment for the American utility and adjacent industries provides customers with complete, fully-customized power distribution solutions built to the highest quality standards.
At SEI, we see our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) structure as a competitive advantage. Each of our employees is a business ‘owner’ with a vested interest in our success. We’re also proud of our status as an MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) / DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) certified company. It sets us apart and makes SEI the perfect partner for organizations seeking suppliers who comply with these requirements.
World Class Manufacturing is Scott Engineering's mentality and the way we do that is by living our core values, supporting our company's vision, and working together towards one common goal.