Sable Systems International
Provides support to both United States and European teams to ensure the correct parts and quantities are pulled from stock. This position ensures internal processes and procedures are followed for the receiving of materials and any inventory movements. This position also maintains a workable inventory level by ensuring inventory accuracy, cost maintenance, and mitigates any negative impacts on Production and/or internal and external customers.
- Compensation dependent upon experience
- No phone calls, please
- Sable has a generous benefits package with Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k. and Long-term Disability with employer match, and many other perks
- Communicate with suppliers and interacts with all departments within the company.
- Assist with purchasing duties; Comparing a minimum of two or preferably more supplier sources to ensure that Sable Systems is getting the best price and that the items are readily available.
- Routinely checks inventory for existing stock prior to purchasing more items.
- Maintains NetSuite ERP® database by entering new and updated customer account information.
- Reviews NetSuite® ERP System Allocated Inventory to determine material needs and timelines.
- Creation of component numbers and/or bin locations in the NetSuite® ERP System.
- Receives material entered into NetSuite® ERP as delivered from Suppliers directly, from Shippers, and/or picks up material.
- Reviews the receiving documents and invoices for accuracy.
- Records deliveries in the Receiving Logbook.
- Manages the Inventory Control log on a daily basis.
- Pulls parts from stock to fill Production and Customer orders.
- Performs physical count of inventory and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports.
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels internally; tracks orders and investigates any issues as they arise.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and reporting required.
- Hands-on inventory control and cycle counting.
- Occasionally will work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Familiarity with NetSuite® ERP a plus.
- Knowledge of the ISO-9001 Quality Management System standard a plus.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills.
- Responsible for double-checking your work for 100% accuracy before submitting purchase orders or releasing parts to internal or external customers.
- Professional judgment for handling confidential information.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to stand and move between standing and sitting for long periods of time.
- Able to read diagrams, schematics, and Bill of Materials (BOM’s) a plus.
- Incoming component inspection experience a plus.
- The use of test/inspection instruments e.g., Multimeter, calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, etc., a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED.
About Sable Systems International
Trusted as the world leader in metabolic measurement, Sable Systems International has a 30+ year reputation for innovation, expertise, and scientific insight. We design and manufacture multi-platform high-resolution scientific instrumentation for the Life Sciences. Our applications range from Fly to Mouse to Human – and beyond.
Our best-selling products include multi-channel metabolic measurement systems for experimental animals such as mice and rats, with simultaneous measurement of other parameters such as food and water intake, body mass, position, activity, and environmental monitoring. Whether providing solutions for the measurement of a living process or an industrial one, model animals, or human personalized healthcare research, our unrelenting focus on quality and support is key to our success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.