Responsible for the development, maintenance and effective delivery of the Career and Financed Agent Sales Training Programs involving product, sales and new agent orientation that reinforce the company’s business objectives.
In addition, this person will coordinate training opportunities available from our business partners and provide support by assisting the Agency Managers in developing material for local classes.
- Manage the activities and the performance of the Training Department.
- Manage, coach and lead an internal team.
- Develop, maintain and deliver sales training programs.
- Develop, maintain and deliver an orientation program for agents.
- Develop, maintain and deliver personal, commercial and farm lines training programs for agents.
- Help develop and rollout new product line material.
- Implement a training schedule and help manage organization of sessions/workshops.
- Use and apply computer-based learning tools and methods to programs. Use creative techniques in blending different e-learning strategies with traditional training methods to maximize learning.
- Organize and develop training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other education materials.
- Create evaluations of training to be provided after all sessions, tracking effectiveness and making recommended refinements to programs.
- Assist District Managers in developing and delivering materials for local training classes.
- Assist in ensuring compliance and filing of CE credits for course material being used by the company.
- Deliver presentations at agency or company meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years of multi-line property and casualty insurance sales experience required.
- Current Wisconsin P&C and L&H insurance licenses or willingness to obtain within first six months in the position.
- Training experience in an insurance setting desirable.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- Demonstrated skills as a trainer.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to seek out new and better ways to train and deliver training material.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Multi-line P&C underwriting or claims experience helpful.
- Ability to efficiently and accurately operate a personal computer using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Available for occasional overnight travel.
$65,000 - $80,000/yr based on experience including a complete benefit package
About Rural Mutual
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for 10 consecutive years and is rated “A+” by AM Best.
We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” for 3 consecutive years.
Rural Mutual places significant value in providing our policyholders best in class services, and provides a competitive compensation package for our employees.