New York Life - Lansing/Ann Arbor
We want to add a motivated and personable new employee to our insurance agent team who is seeking a new learning opportunity with lots of room for growth. The ideal candidate for our entry-level insurance agent position has the solid communications skills it takes to drive insurance sales among potential clients and new clients. Bring a friendly attitude and a passion for customer service, and we’ll invest our resources into training you to be a successful insurance sales representative!
- Conduct meetings with new and potential clients and carefully listen to their individual circumstances in order to present the best insurance policies to meet their needs
- Take ownership of ensuring there are accurate records of all necessary bookkeeping, client, and sales reports in order to track and communicate the status of assigned goals
- Tailor risk management strategies and client profiles to reflect each customer’s individual needs
- Stay abreast of any changes to rules or policies within the insurance agency to effectively amend insurance programs for existing and prospective clients
- Offer personal attention when pursuing new clients through various marketing strategies to grow your existing portfolio of policyholders
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree a plus
- Ability to learn and understand state and federal regulations that affect insurance sales, insurance clients, and the insurance industry as a whole
- Candidates must have some computer experience, including the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office programs
- Experience using accounting or sales-related software is beneficial
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communications skills are necessary; customer service skills are helpful
$50,000 - $80,000 at plan
About New York Life - Lansing/Ann Arbor
The mutual insurance company offering a wide range of products. Will cover costs of licensing, full benefits package. Affiliated with NYLIFE Securities and Eagle Strategies.