New York Life - Central Florida
Our Insurance Agent role has allowed thousands of qualified individuals the opportunity to step into a client’s life and help them achieve their financial goals while building a great career for themselves in the process. Utilizing our expansive product lines our Agents work to guide individuals, families, and businesses towards the financial strategy that is right for them. That is no easy task, but for the right person it can be a truly rewarding career
Qualities that we look for in our Agents:
- Sales experience preferred – an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Desire to help others
- Strong business acumen
- Perseverance in the face of a challenge
- Ability to engage your community and leverage personal networks/contacts
We’ve built a strong company, one that puts its clients first. We have confidence in our products but more importantly, we have confidence in our Agents to thoughtfully recommend and implement which financial vehicle is right for every client they support. Just as our Managers in the fieldwork to provide one-on-one support and guidance to every Agent they hire.
Training, Development & Benefits
Our new, blended training and development program is designed to work with your schedule, and in this type of role, that can make all the difference. The multifaceted system includes:
- In conjunction with in-office training, we’ve created a comprehensive and user-friendly learning experience within New York Life’s online portal system that is accessible anytime, anywhere and from any device. Learn when and how you want!
- You can read in full about all benefits of our Financial Professional role here: https://www.nylbenefits.com/agents
- We have Fast Track to Management opportunities for qualified professionals once established in the career.
Our training program extends beyond the virtual and physical classroom, as our Agents learn best by doing. Every office has a dedicated sales-support team, consisting of our Management Team and in-office Sales Management Trainers, who work with Agents step-by-step to ensure they’ve honed the necessary skills to meet their goals and effectively service their clients. We carry those values throughout all efforts across the company.
- Keep bookkeeping systems, sales databases, customer records, and related organizational tools current to accurately report progress to monthly and quarterly sales quotas to stakeholders
- Implement sales strategies and tactics proven effective in maintaining and growing existing customer portfolios comprised of loyal, long-term clients
- Spend time listening to new and potential clients, assess their priorities and finances, and determine suitable insurance plan options that successfully meet their individual insurance needs
- Develop and deliver risk management strategies for each customer based on their risk profile
- Stay abreast of insurance industry protocols and policy changes to ensure fulfillment of all policy requirements, and monitor insurance claims to ensure mutual satisfaction
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Active Life and Health insurance license is a strong bonus
- Previous health insurance or life insurance experience a plus
- Previous customer service or experience as a sales representative preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Possesses outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Bilingual Speaking (English/Spanish) A PLUS
$65,000+ at plan
About New York Life - Central Florida
Our Mission is to provide financial security and peace of mind through our insurance, annuity, and investment solutions. We act with integrity and humanity in all our interactions with our policy owners, business partners, and one another. Grounded in both confidence and humility, we serve as stewards for the long term. We are here for good, reflecting both the permanence of New York Life and our commitment to do the right thing in business and society.
We have over 175 years of industry success. Some of our accolades include:
- A promise to work with you to build a strong financial future for both you and your clients
- #71 on Fortune 100 in 2019
- Most MDRT members in any United States Mutual company 2019
- Highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer: Standard & Poor’s (AA+); A.M. Best (A++); Moody’s (Aaa); and Fitch (AAA) as of 7/30/20