SouthGroup Insurance Services
Are you up for an exciting, rewarding, and challenging career opportunity? Then we want you to join our team as a property and casualty insurance agent! We are looking for a multifaceted professional who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. As an insurance agent, you must be an attentive listener with strong communication skills who can identify and explain ideal insurance policies to existing and prospective clients. Apply today if you are an ambitious professional eager to launch a career with great growth opportunities!
- Execute effective sales-based marketing strategies like prospecting, cold calling, networking, and more to gain new clients
- Ensure that existing, new, and prospective clients complete all appropriate forms and meet insurance policy requirements, and facilitate the insurance claims process, which may include examining the condition of physical properties to assess risks
- Keep bookkeeping logs, insurance sales records, and customer databases up to date to assess progress toward monthly goals
- Meet with new, existing, and prospective policyholders and actively listen to their needs to properly assess their circumstances and financial statuses before proposing ideal plan options
- Stay up to date on evolving property and casualty insurance protocols to facilitate insurance policy selection and policy renewals to all customers’ satisfaction
- Candidates must have and maintain a relevant P&C insurance license - or must be willing to get licensed
- Fundamental computer and Microsoft Office program skills are essential
- Excellent analytical, customer service, and communication skills are required
- Familiarity with accounting and sales-related software or programs is a plus
- Four-year undergraduate degree preferred; high school diploma/GED or equivalent necessary
- Life and Health license is a plus
$50,000+ at plan commission
About SouthGroup Insurance Services
SouthGroup has received many tributes including recognition as one of the Top 100 Privately-Held Insurance Agencies in America by Insurance Journal, a national insurance publication, and one of the Mississippi Business Journal's, Top 100 Private Companies. SouthGroup is also recognized as a Best Practices agency by the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America. Rough Notes, another leading national insurance publication, honored SouthGroup on its cover in 2010.