New York Life
Life and Health Insurance Agent
Our rapidly-expanding insurance agency is looking for a full-time life insurance agent to join our team! You’ll grow a list of prospective clients, market our insurance products, showcase our offerings to new customers, and help policyholders navigate the claims process. We’ll provide the support network and resources to help you reach - and exceed - your sales goals. If you have a strong drive to succeed, great communication skills, and outstanding customer service skills, we’d love to hear from you. Don’t wait - apply today!
- Ensure all contracting paperwork is up to date while maintaining databases, records, and bookkeeping
- Identify new client insurance needs, insurance risk, goals, current coverage, and financial situation by scheduling meetings for new customers, ensuring a personalized experience
- Grow new business by generating a prospective customer base and advertise our insurance products via networking, asking for referrals, cold calling, and other marketing strategies
- Process current policyholders’ insurance claims while monitoring the status of existing insurance claims
- Onboard incoming and retain existing clients via a variety of customer service tasks, such as appointment booking, and responding to inquiries regarding billing, coverage, eligibility, and insurance policies
Training, Development Benefits
New York Life combines the latest in cutting edge blended training and development programs designed for a flexible schedule for this type of role, which can make a significant impact on the vision for your 5 career year plan.
The NYL multifaceted system includes:
- In conjunction with in-office trainings, access to New York Life’s online learning portal which houses a comprehensive user-friendly learning experience accessible anytime, anywhere, and from any device. Learn when and how you want!
- Ctrl+Click the link below to see the Financial Professional Agent benefits for this roll1 https://www.nylbenefits.com/agents
- We have Fast Track to Management opportunities for qualified professionals once established in the career.
- Possesses outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Current Life & Health insurance license is greatly valued
- Customer service or experience as a sales representative are highly valued
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4-year College Degree (Not Required)
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer service focused, doesn’t sweat the “extra mile”
- Articulate communicator both verbally and written
- Prior sales and/or business experience preferred
- High entrepreneurial focus, confident self-starter, innate problem solver, committed lifetime learner
- Fully capable of working individually, highly adaptable to a team environment
$40,000 - $60,000 yearly
About New York Life
As a mutual company, we are accountable only to you. That means we are fully aligned with our policy owners, not with outside investors or Wall Street. This allows us to focus on delivering lifelong value to our customers. As a mutual company, with no investors or outside owners, New York Life is uniquely aligned with our clients’ interests and priorities. New York Life has been around for over 174 years of industry success.
We are a Fortune 100 company and are ranked No. 71 in 2019 on the Fortune 500. New York Life is the Largest Mutual Insurer in the U.S1 New York Life has the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any U.S. life insurer from all four of the major credit rating agencies: A.M. Best (A++), Fitch (AAA), Moody’s Investors Service (Aaa), Standard & Poor’s (AA+) Source: Individual Third-Party Ratings Reports as of 7/30/18.