Work From Home Position
Claims adjusting position that works out of your home and is provided with a company vehicle, phone and computer. Prefer applicants that reside in the areas of Wausau, Stevens Point, Wisconsin Rapids and Marshfield, WI.
Complete benefit package including health, dental, life and LTD insurance and a matching 401(k) plan.
- Verify coverage on newly assigned claims.
- Establish and monitor reserves throughout life of the claim.
- Investigate claims.
- Evaluate damage.
- Ensure that proper documentation exists for recovery process (subr, salvage, etc).
- Settle claims through negotiation.
- Provide prompt claims service to claimants.
- Provide support to CAT teams (when necessary).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of multi-line property and casualty claims experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, risk management and insurance or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- Property claims experience a plus.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Knowledge of auto physical damage, medical terminology and the ability to evaluate injuries helpful.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job such as climbing ladders, walking roofs, working inside collapsed/burnt structures, walking uneven terrain, etc.
$50,000 - $65,000 salary per year based on experience
About Rural Mutual
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for 10 consecutive years and is rated “A+” by AM Best.
Rural Mutual places significant value in providing our policyholders best in class services, and provides a competitive compensation package for our employees.