New York Life - Long Island New York
Insurance Agent New York Life Company
This position can be 90% remote.
The fundamental foundation of a New York Life Insurance Agent’s role is built client by client.
The Agent is uniquely qualified with answers to help their clients achieve their financial goals and plan for the unexpected. Adding up to a rewarding career with a company that considers, doing right by their customers is simply part of who we are… “Be Good At Life.”
What is expected of our Agents?
- Ability to understand the needs and financial concerns of clients.
- Ability to educate clients on how to plan ahead for the future financially so that they are prepared for unfortunate life events/ circumstances they may encounter.
- Promote customized ways for clients to achieve their long-term financial goals.
- Cultivating relationships, with a view to helping every family member or individual pursue financial security
- Ability to build an insurance and financial practice through establishing professional networks and prospecting for new clients.
- Providing compassion and guidance to clients when unfortunate life circumstances arise.
- Having a clear focus on developing and maintaining long-term bonds with clients, resulting in trust and continuity of community over time
- Basic computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is required
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills required; customer service experience is a plus
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree a plus
- Valid insurance license required or candidates must be willing to get licensed
- Ability to learn and understand state and federal regulations that affect insurance sales, insurance clients, and the insurance industry as a whole
Qualities that we look for in our Agents:
- Sales experience preferred – entrepreneurial mindset, no mile too far.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Desire to help families and businesses to “Be Good At Life.”
- Strong business acumen.
- Professional business demeanor.
- Perseverance in the face of a challenge
- Ability to engage your community and leverage personal networks/contacts
About New York Life - Long Island New York
New York Life is a Fortune 100 company with a long history of doing good. We have been in business for over 175 years, helping generations of Americans protect their families and attain their financial goals. As a mutual company, we are accountable only to our policyholders, not to Wall Street or outside investors. We are focused on long-term success for our clients. To prepare for the future, we are constantly innovating and looking ahead to find more ways to increase value for our clients.