New York Life
The fundamental foundation of a New York Life Insurance Agent’s role is built client by client. The Agent is uniquely qualified with answers to help their clients achieve their financial goals and plan for the unexpected. Adding up to a rewarding career with a company that considers, doing right by their customers is simply part of who we are… “Be Good At Life.
Qualities that we look for in our Agents:
- Sales experience preferred – entrepreneurial mindset, no mile too far.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Desire to help families and businesses to “Be Good At Life.”
- Strong business acumen.
- Professional business demeanor.
- Perseverance in the face of a challenge
- Ability to engage your community and leverage personal networks/contacts
We’ve built a strong company, one that puts its clients first. We have confidence in our products but more importantly, we have confidence in our Agents to thoughtfully recommend and implement which financial vehicle is right for every client they support. Just as our Managers in the fieldwork to provide one-on-one support and guidance to every Agent they hire.
Training, Development Benefits
- Our new, blended training and development program is designed to work with your schedule, and in this type of role, that can make all the difference. The multifaceted system includes:
- In conjunction with in-office training, we’ve created a comprehensive and user-friendly learning experience within New York Life’s online portal system that is accessible anytime, anywhere and from any device. Learn when and how you want!
- You can read in full about all benefits1 for our Financial Professional role here: https://www.nylbenefits.com/agents
- We have Fast Track to Management opportunities for qualified professionals once established in the career.
Our training program extends beyond the virtual and physical classroom, as our Agents learn best by doing. Every office has a dedicated sales-support team, consisting of our Management Team and in-office Sales Management Trainers, who work with Agents step-by-step to ensure they’ve honed the necessary skills to meet their goals and effectively service their clients. We carry those values throughout all efforts across the company.
- Devotion to its policy owners has led New York Life for over 170 years of industry success. Some of our accolades include:
- A promise to work with you to build a strong financial future for both you and your clients
- #71 on Fortune 100 in 2019
- Most MDRT2 members in any Mutual company in the United States
- Highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer: Standard Poor’s (AA+); A.M. Best (A++); Moody’s (Aaa); and Fitch (AAA) as of 7/30/18
New York Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- 1Full-time agents and their dependents are immediately eligible for medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and group term life insurance. New York Life reserves the right to amend or terminate any benefit plans, in whole or in part, at any time
- 2 MDRT (Million Dollar Round Table) is recognized throughout the industry as the standard of excellence in life insurance sales performance. SOURCE: MDRT as of 7/1/2019
SMRU 1808981 7/1/2020
Our Insurance Agent role has allowed thousands of qualified individuals the opportunity to step into a client’s life and help them achieve their financial goals, while building a great career for themselves in the process. Utilizing our expansive product lines our Agents work to guide individuals, families and businesses towards the financial strategy that is right for them. That is no easy task, but for the right person, it can be a truly rewarding career.
What is expected of our Agents?
- Ability to understand the needs and financial concerns of clients.
- Ability to educate clients on how to plan ahead for the future financially so that they are prepared for unfortunate life events/ circumstances they may encounter.
- Promote customized ways for clients to achieve their long-term financial goals.
- Cultivating relationships, with a view to helping every family member or individual pursue financial security
- Ability to build an insurance and financial practice through establishing professional networks and prospecting for new clients.
- Providing compassion and guidance to clients when unfortunate life circumstances arise.
- Having a clear focus on developing and maintaining long-term bonds with clients, resulting in trust and continuity of community over time.
$50,000 - $75,000+ Based on your Performance
About New York Life
As a mutual company, we are accountable only to you. That means we are fully aligned with our policy owners, not with outside investors or Wall Street. This allows us to focus on delivering lifelong value to our customers. New York Life has been around for over 174 years of industry success. We are a Fortune 100 company and are ranked No. 71 on the 2019 Fortune 500 list.
New York Life Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity