Tri County Restoration, Inc.
Are you a natural problem-solver with a keen eye for detail and innate curiosity? Consider joining our wonderful team as an insurance appraiser! We are seeking an objective, inquisitive, and thorough professional who is eager to report on-site to facilitate insurance claims and resolve related disputes.
The ideal candidate for this field appraiser position will have an investigative mind and a solid moral compass. Bring your best attitude and we’ll provide you with a strong mentor who can help you advance your career. If this opportunity is in your wheelhouse, be sure to apply today!
- Communicate via email, phone, or in person with policyholders, legal counsel, underwriters, repair shop workers, colleagues, and other key contacts throughout the claims process
- Conduct onsite evaluations and investigations, as needed, to verify facts and gather evidence to evaluate the losses and potential need to repair damage
- Follow all procedures for settling insurance claims when you confirm coverage, evaluate policy terms, determine damage, review repair cost estimates, estimate parts needed for repair, and submit supporting insurance forms and additional information
- Prepare and submit thorough reports documenting key findings from completed field inspections to ensure satisfactory outcomes and conclusions
- Make initial contact with the insured, adjuster, public adjuster, or attorney to schedule the site inspection
- Manage the schedule of inspections
- Create accurate floor plans and multi-level/roof sketches in Xactimate Sketch
- Develop clear, accurate, and profitable estimates using Xactimate while adhering to the guidelines of the applicable insurance company
- Review, revise, and negotiate estimates in a timely manner while ensuring the estimate remains profitable
- Review job scope during preparation with the production staff
- Valid state-issued driver’s license or reliable transportation required to travel to appraisal locations
- Prior insurance industry work experience beneficial, especially as an auto damage appraiser or property damage appraiser,
but not mandatory
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field preferred
- Word, Outlook, Excel, and other Microsoft Office program experience needed
- Willingness to complete an insurance licensing course and pursue necessary state-mandated licensure through an accredited industry association
- Highly proficient working in Xactimate is an absolute requirement
- Minimum of 5 years, full-time experience writing estimates for a restoration company or as an adjuster
- Experience handling all aspects of insurance claims to include negotiating with insurance companies is paramount
- Familiarity with IICRC S500 and S520
- Experience working with third-party administrators is preferred
- Knowledge of residential construction methods, techniques, and building codes
- Technologically proficient - able to use iPad, Microsoft Office Suite, Xactimate, Xactanalysis, Symbility, and applicable job management software
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must be reliable, dependable, and trustworthy
- "Whatever it takes" attitude
- Strong integrity and critical-thinking abilities complemented by effective skills related to clear communication, negotiation, and customer satisfaction
- Solid time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize while managing multiple jobs at once
$60,000 - $70,000 yearly
About Tri County Restoration, Inc.
We are a busy, family-owned business specializing in upscale residential remodeling and insurance restoration rebuild services.
The work atmosphere here is friendly and helpful. Our staff consists of various tradespeople and administrative employees. All of whom are team players with the goal of customer satisfaction.
Come join us and be part of our family.