Our growing firm is seeking an organized and friendly account manager to play a strategic role on our team. You’ll be responsible for answering any client questions or concerns about coverage, policy changes, and billing deadlines. Our ideal candidate will be able to provide an excellent customer experience and demonstrate a basic understanding of our insurance products. If you are a strong communicator with strong attention to detail and have an interest in growing your career in the insurance industry, we’ll train you up on the skills you need to succeed in this role. Can’t wait to get started? Apply to join the team today!
- Help create competitive quotes when it is time to issue renewals or make updates to a current policy
- Meet regularly with agents to keep up with industry standards, insurance products, current rates, coverages, insurance policies, and carriers, so you can assist clients, underwriters, sales representatives, account executives, and the rest of our service team with understanding and addressing the newest rules and policy updates
- Provide helpful answers to clients on any policy or billing questions including explanation of coverage or rate changes to ensure complete understanding
- Record any policy updates or changes on customer accounts by tracking them in our book of business and communicating with clients to explain any updates to their coverage
- Facilitate communication with clients and claims adjusters to process all documentation reporting a claim on a current policy
- Follow up skill, written and verbal communication skills and problem-solving skills are a must in this role
- Applicants must have an active insurance license in their state or be willing to get licensed in 90 days
- Jobseekers need to have basic computer skills and have the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Insurance experience as an insurance agent or other position is highly preferred but candidates with the appropriate skills should still apply, training is provided
- We are looking for candidates with an Associates or Bachelor’s degree but will consider those with relevant insurance industry experience, as well
- Spanish Bi-Lingual encouraged to apply
$60,000 - $75,000 yearly
About Farmers Insurance
The Ruth Stroup Insurance Agency is one of the Top Farmers Agencies in Oakland. We have also been recognized as "Best of Oakland" 7 times!
Founded in 2006, our motto is "Fast and Friendly Service". Our staff has over 50 years of experience. We speak 7 languages and we spend our days helping clients understand Insurance and develop policies that meet their needs. Most of our business comes from referrals so you spend you days having meaningful conversations instead of chasing stale leads or cold calling.
In 1928, two men shared a dream of providing a quality insurance product at a reasonable price. In the decades that followed we’ve grown and adapted to meet the changing needs of Americans. But one constant has remained: We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading products and first-rate services to the customers we’re privileged to serve.