We’re seeking an organized and highly motivated commercial lines insurance account manager to join our service team. Responsibilities include managing client communications, nurturing key relationships, and keeping track of all necessary documentation, paying close attention to any policy changes, important deadlines, and legal regulations. You will help customers understand their coverage, assist them with any claims as needed, issue certificates, and ensure all relevant data is properly tracked in our secured systems. Strong coverage knowledge is required to mentor younger team members.
- Answer clients completely on policy or billing questions including explanations about their coverage or rate adjustments to ensure total understanding
- Meet regularly with agents to keep up with industry standards, insurance products, current rates, coverages, insurance policies, and carriers, so you can assist clients, underwriters, sales representatives, account executives, and the rest of our service team with understanding and addressing the newest rules and policy updates
- Gather all documentation needed for reporting a claim and contact an adjuster to process it against a current policy
- Assist with the renewal process and any policy updates by providing competitive quotes
- Document any policy changes on customer accounts according to NAIC regulations in our book of business and clearly communicate with customers about those updates
- Applicants must have basic computer skills and be able to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Candidates should have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree, but all candidates with insurance industry experience will be considered
- Follow up skill, written and verbal communication skills and problem-solving skills are a must in this role
- Insurance experience as an insurance agent or other position is highly preferred but candidates with the appropriate skills should still apply, training is provided
- Active insurance license in your state or willing to get licensed in 90 days
About Capitol Insurance
Capitol Insurance is a 40 year old family-owned agency with a family atmosphere. We have successfully implemented technology into our business practices in the last 4 years but are still committed to answering our phones with a live person. Our values of integrity, accessibility, expertise and accountability to each and every client guide our work. We encourage and help our employees obtain insurance designations to further their knowledge and ability to serve our clients.