Instrumental and Electrical Technician in a chemical plant with at least 5 to 10 years’ experience. This is a day job – 5 days per week.
You must also be willing to work long hours and weekends if necessary.
Willing to work rotating shift or work nights if requested. This is a straight day/week job.
Familiar with OSHA regulations – Hot Work, Confined Space, Lock-Tag-Try, Line Break, etc.
You must have a good safety record, are able to work well with others, and can be self-directed if needed.
- PLCs (such as Honeywell, Siemens, Maple, GE, etc.)
- Familiar with DCS systems (Digital Control System), such as, ABB / Bailey, Allen-Bradley, Honeywell, etc.
- Can install and trouble-shoot Level transmitters, pressure transmitters, mass-flow meters / transmitters.
- Be familiar with name brands, such as, Micro-motion, Rosemount, Endress-Hauser, etc.
- Will use a Hart Communicator so this is a plus.
- Can program controllers such as an ABB Commander, Partlow, Watlow, etc.
- Can install temperature transmitters probe and calibrate them using a calibrator.
- Control Valves – Fisher, Sarco, etc.
- Familiar with Boiler Controls is a plus.
- Trouble shooting electrical systems, and motor installations grounding systems – installation and testing.
- Routing conduit and pulling wire.
- Conduit and wire sizing.
- Read and understand electrical schematics.
- You will need to be familiar with OSHA regulations – Hot Work, Confined Space, Lock-Tag-Try, Line Break, etc.
- 5 to 10 YRS I and E experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Pass a background and drug screen.
- Meet all physical demands such as walking standing, climbing, must satisfactorily complete in-house training.
- The plant is not fully enclosed so some outside work is required.
- Agree to wear all PPE.
$21 - $25 hourly
About Newberry Mac
We value pride, passion and performance and we are looking for choice individuals to serve the community in which we work. Join us!