Rural Mutual Insurance
We're looking for an instructional designer to develop, design, and deliver courses and curriculum. The position will be allowed to work remotely on a hybrid schedule - remote and occasionally in-person.
- Collaborates with subject experts to develop course content
- Develops, designs, and delivers courses and curriculum
- Develops online learning materials
- Designs learning activities, assignments, and assessments
- Analyzes, updates, and refines existing learning content
- Assists in developing, maintaining, and delivering sales training programs
- Assists in the management of the training schedule and learner participation
- Keeps current on best practices in instructional design
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of instructional theory, including assessment
- Visual design skills (experience with Articulate Suite such as Storyline and Captivate, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator preferred)
- Proficiency with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Demonstrated skills as a trainer
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Ability to operate a personal computer using MS Office Suite efficiently and accurately
- Training experience in an insurance setting desirable
About Rural Mutual Insurance
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for the 13th consecutive year and is rated “A+” by AM Best.
We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work”.
This is the kind of company you want to work for doing the kind of job you love to do…protecting people and property.
Rural Mutual places significant value in providing our policyholders best in class services and provides a competitive compensation package for our employees.