Begert Stainless, Inc.
The Installation Project Manager is responsible for providing leadership and skills training for the implementation of projects involving all sanitary process piping installations at customer facilities.
This is a highly visible leadership position with a reputable and respected stainless company.
The Installation Project Manager must exhibit emotional composure, be a logical problem solver, and have a willingness to work with many personality types to achieve solutions that are reasonable and fair to all parties. In addition to the job duties of the Installation Manager position, this position will also involve your assistance with the development of new Sales and Estimating of Installation Projects. We offer a competitive wage (based on experience), including a complete benefits package offering health, dental, vision, supplemental insurances, a retirement plan with a matching program, paid vacation, and holidays.
- Supervise and train the field installation personnel. This includes but is not limited to: the hiring of personnel, performance measurement (Performance Reviews), teaching/training of skills required for process piping (i.e., layout, pipe fitting, welding, finishing, equipment setting, etc.), conducting both commendation and disciplinary action as required.
- Perform Project Management duties for all field installation projects from the quotation phase until project completion encompassing quoting, scheduling, personnel planning, customer communication and financial controlling.
- Schedule field service personnel and source subcontracted employees as required to meet manpower needs.
- Communicate with customers including travel to customers’ facilities for meetings, collection of information for installation, technical process parameters, controls interface, and production downtimes.
- On larger installations, assist the Project Managers with technical oversight of installation personnel.
- Provide internal coordination of material ordering, installation equipment, and onsite piping to keep assigned projects on schedule.
- Monitor and track the progress of assigned projects through material ordering, fabrication, installation, and in some cases start- up of system. Ensure that contractual scope and specified requirements are being met.
- Monitor and track the fiscal progress of assigned projects (material and labor) to stay within the budgeted cost.
- Must be willing to communicate honestly with customers, in a timely manner, to address technical, schedule, or fiscal discrepancies as well as obtain approvals and informational needs.
- Prepare of Change Orders for assigned projects when scope additions are requested by the customer.
- Work with the Sales and Estimating Departments by traveling to customer facilities to determine installation scope and labor time required. Also, to assist in the acquisition of new accounts by working with the Sales representative(s).
- Create and manage project schedules for assigned projects. Must clearly and frequently relay information to scheduler to obtain personnel resources with advance notice.
- Must provide sufficient on-site presence for direction of BSI personnel as well as the coordination with the customer and other trades to keep project schedule and scope on track. The amount of time needed on-site will vary depending on the specific project and customer.
- Manage the ongoing maintenance and repair of installation tools and equipment.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time which will involve overnight stays. Mostly in the Midwest region of the U.S. but does include other parts of the U.S. and occasional international locations.
- Maintain the Company’s safety culture, promote a safe work environment and its compliance.
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work planned and performed.
- Maintain compliance with safety policies and all other company policies and procedures.
- Successfully communicate with top management
- 15+ years of related install work experience in stainless sanitary process piping systems is required
- Project management experience is required, preferably 10+ years
- Detail-oriented person with an extreme desire for accuracy
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and lead a team
- Able to think proactively
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Valid Driver's License required
- Continuous learning and improvement attitude.
- Must have strong mathematical skills and the ability to read piping plans and process and instrumentation diagrams in both imperial and metric systems.
- Strong time management and analytical skills
- Experience with personal computers required with experience in MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and AutoCAD.
- Great communication skills are necessary and excellent listening skills are essential. Interpersonal skills, integrity, perseverance, teamwork, leadership, self-esteem, confidence, respect and honesty, time management skills are all qualities that are necessary for selection and success.
$70,000 - $85,000 yearly
About Begert Stainless, Inc.
To learn more about BSI, please check out our website, including our brochure @ www.begertstainless.com and https://www.begertstainless.com/s/BSI-Tanks-Vessels
Begert Stainless, Inc. (BSI) is family-owned company established in 2002. We are known for our high-quality workmanship and exceptional service. Our work is precise, detailed and complete. We are passionate about the industries we serve, are focused on our customer needs and providing tailored solutions. We continually strive to steward BSI with the highest integrity and ethical standards to the benefit of our customers, team members, their families and the communities we serve.