Family Forum, Inc.
- Promotes school readiness of children ages 0-3 by providing responsive caregiving, effective teaching and an organized learning environment that promotes healthy development and children’s skill growth aligned with the Head Start Early Learning Outlook Framework, including for children with disabilities.
- This will include engaging parents, caregivers, and other family members in the child’s learning and development, by developing a strength-based relationship that focuses on the positive parent/caregiver and child relationship.
- Full time; Health, Dental, Life Insurance; 403B Retirement with 2% Match; Flexible Benefits Account; Paid holidays, vacation, sick leave;
- Works in a team-oriented atmosphere with a passion for the mission of the program.
- Partners with agency staff to ensure smooth transitions.
- A part of the agency's Culture of Safety.
- Access to a strong professional development system.
- Provides a learning environment focused around responsive care giving practices, such as being tuned into the children and families, understanding the cues of the infant/toddler and responding appropriately while using the environment to support development and extend learning.
- Sets learning goals and plans learning experiences by integrating knowledge of each child’s temperament, interests, gender, culture, language, learning approaches, understanding, misconceptions, and abilities and by working collaboratively with families and a range of specialists (e.g., medical, dental, speech, nutrition, mental health).
- Demonstrates respect for families’ values, strengths, and cultures by welcoming their contributions and participation, encouraging children to talk about their families, and designing learning experiences accordingly.
- Uses information about children obtained through home visits, parent-teacher conferences, and other parent-staff interactions by incorporating this data into daily routines and interactions with children.
- Supports children’s overall development by integrating sensory learning experiences related to all domains throughout the curriculum, environment, and day.
- Engages children in individual and small-group experiences designed to enhance development and learning.
- Builds children’s awareness of and ability to follow basic health and safety rules by providing opportunities for health and safety learning and supervising children at all times and positively redirecting them from potentially harmful activities.
- Assists in the recruitment and enrollment of families.
- At least one to two years of related experience.
- Associate of Arts degree in early childhood education and have been trained on infant/toddler development.
- Knowledge of MS Office with data entry experience.
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance.
- Will be required to have a WI Registry certificate within 3 months of hire as well as annual training on blood borne pathogens, child abuse/neglect mandated reporting procedures, civil rights training in compliance with the Child and Adult Care food program.
- Annually obtain 25 hours of continuing education hours in compliance with WI Child Care Regulations.
- Must be approachable and responsive to all families served.
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high-quality programming, family support, and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.