Family Forum, Inc.
Early Head Start Infant - Toddler/Teacher Aide - Part-time (20 hours per week; temporarily 30 hours per week due to COVID-19 plan) - Full Year Position
- Promotes school readiness of children ages 0-3 by providing responsive caregiving, effective teaching, and an organized learning environment that promotes healthy development and children’s skill growth aligned with the Head Start Early Learning Outlook Framework, including for children with disabilities.
- This will include engaging parents, caregivers, and other family members in the child’s learning and development by developing a strength-based relationship that focuses on the positive parent/caregiver and child relationship.
- Provide a learning environment focused around responsive caregiving practices, such as being tuned into the children and families, understanding the cues of the infant/toddler, and responding appropriately while using the environment to support the development and extend learning
- Assists in setting learning goals and plans learning experiences by integrating knowledge of each child’s temperament, interests, gender, culture, language, learning approaches, understanding, misconceptions, and abilities and by working collaboratively with families and a range of specialists (e.g., medical, dental, speech, nutrition, mental health)
- Demonstrates respect for families’ values, strengths, and cultures by welcoming their contributions and participation, encouraging children to talk about their families, and designing learning experiences accordingly
- Help support children’s overall development by integrating sensory learning experiences related to all domains throughout the curriculum, environment, and day
- Engages children in individual and small-group experiences designed to enhance development and learning
- Builds children’s awareness of and ability to follow basic health and safety rules by providing opportunities for health and safety learning and supervising children at all times and positively redirecting them from potentially harmful activities
- Assists in the recruitment of children
- Responsive to needs of children in all areas to include meals, rest, playtimes.
- 80 hours of non-credited early childhood education courses and an infant and toddler certificate
- At least one year of related experience
- Responsive care giving
Certifications and Licenses:
- 25 hours of continuing education each year to include: Child Abuse Neglect and Reporting Procedures; OSHA; Civil Rights as required by the Child and Adult Care Food Program
$10.47 per hour
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high-quality programming, family support, and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.