Family Forum, Inc.
This is a Full-Time Position
Helps to promote school readiness in children ages 0-3 by providing responsive caregiving, compassionate teaching, and an organized learning environment all while helping to broaden children’s skills to align with the Head Start Early Learning Outlook Framework.
Full benefits package available and includes: Group health, dental, life insurance; 403B Retirement program; Flexible Benefits program.
Paid Benefit Days - Vacation, sick, wellness, and funeral leave.
- Provides a learning environment focused around responsive caregiving practices that include being tuned into the children and families, understanding the cues of the infant/toddler, and responding appropriately while using the environment to support the development and extend learning
- Assists in setting learning goals and plans learning experiences by integrating knowledge of each child’s temperament, interests, gender, culture, language, learning approaches, understandings, misconceptions, and abilities by working collaboratively with families and a range of specialists (e.g., medical, dental, speech, nutrition, mental health)
- Demonstrates respect for families’ values, strengths, and cultures by welcoming their contributions and participation, encouraging children to talk about their families, and designing learning experiences according to this knowledge
- Helps support children’s overall development by integrating sensory learning experiences related to all domains throughout the curriculum, environment, and day
- Engages children in individual and small-group experiences designed to enhance development and learning
- Builds children’s awareness of the ability to follow basic health and safety rules by providing opportunities for health and safety learning while supervising children at all times and positively redirecting them from potentially harmful activities
- Assists in the recruitment of children
- Responds to the needs of children in all areas to include meals, rest, and playtimes
- At least one year of related experience in childcare
- Responsive caregiving
- Minimum of 80 hours of non-credited courses in Early Childhood Education courses and an infant and toddler certificate
Certifications and Licenses:
- 25 hours of continuing education each year to include: Child Abuse Neglect and Reporting Procedures; OSHA; Civil Rights as required by the Child and Adult Care Food Program
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high-quality programming, family support, and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.