Manager of Imports in branch, supports GM to maintain and provide professional and timely service to the internal and external customers. Monitor and train import team to follow the operations procedures and achieve the department budget .
- Plan and facilitate the import department daily huddle and 1-2-1 monthly meeting
- Communicates regularly with V.P of Import Operation.
- Coordinates with Sales department regarding sales’ accounts
- Assist and resolve the requests from accounting dept.
- Monitor procedures suitable for Import operation.
- Close import files on the last working day each month.
- Review the daily task listRun weekly WIP and Transaction report and to ensure each shipment is handled in a timely manner by direct report
- Directly handle on select accounts
- Handle the routings/bookings on the shipments on VIP accounts, including quote the rates
- Troubleshooting on issues as they arise.
- Day to day operational supervision
- Deliver/provide for training and resources required for direct report to perform their role.
- Defines and updates job descriptions for direct report (see below).
- Meets regularly with direct reports to set goals and monitor progress toward goals.
- Gives ongoing feedback and conducts formal performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Assists direct reports in defining career goals and seeking opportunities for development.
- Solicits feedback from direct reports on management style and techniques.
- Ensures legal compliance with various US and International agencies and entities
- Oversees compliance with agents’ various regulations and requirements
- Experience in Import operations and Incoterms
- Experience in Domestic and Rail Transportation
- Experience in IPI and in bond movements
- Experience in Import Consolidation Services and Destination Devanning processes
- Experience with AMS, ISF Filings, Clearance and Requirements
- Experience with Freight Releases and Freight Payments
- Excellent Customer Service Skills , communication and team skills
- Enthusiasm, versatility, flexibility and willingness to work in a fast paced environment, within constant changing priorities
- Experience in Leadership and Motivational Abilities
- Experience in PL Analysis (accruals, costs, profits)
- Experience in Agent relationships, Direct Customer relationships
- Proven Experience in problem solving/ troubleshooting
- Experience in Training and mentorship
- Able to multi-task and Juggle priorities
- Knowledge and experience of CargoWISE System
$55,000 - $65,000+
About Primary Freight
For over 20 years Primary Freight has been a leader in the shipping and logistics industry. We operate a full integrated logistics business coast to coast . For more information please review our website; www.primaryfreight.com