Outerbridge Law P.C.
Immigration Paralegal/Executive Assistant 5+ years
We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced immigration paralegal to play an important role in our legal team. You'll conduct client intakes and interviews, draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you're interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
DOE. Please state your hourly rate in your cover letter.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter, writing sample and resume.
- Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers
- Prepare legal documents, correspondence, and pleadings such as complaints, interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits, under the supervision of a lawyer
- Conduct interviews with clients to gather information about their legal issues
- Aid lawyers in trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, conducting research on legal articles, and assisting with client meetings and filing motions
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
The position includes Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant responsibilities and requires some weekend hours
Some Office Manager and Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
- Make and return phone calls and emails
- Open, close, organize files, email correspondence, answer emails
- Handle confidential employer and client information
- Mail assembly and drop
- Prepare representation letters and agreements for clients based on templates provided by the Attorney
- Prepare simple packets based on templates provided by the Attorney and documents from the client
- Translation of documents from English to Spanish and vice versa
- Clerk and admin duties. Other duties as required
- The ideal candidate should be tech-savvy, able to communicate through multiple channels, and organized
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
Masks and hand sanitizer are provided to any visitors and used in the office. Remote meetings. Limit on office visits. Social distancing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
- Must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- At least 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- Flexibility and willingness to help a growing firm
- Flexibility and willingness to complete personal assistant tasks
- At least 5 years of immigration experience
- College degree (preferred)
- Fully bi-lingual in English and Spanish (A MUST)
- Knowledge of and willingness to use WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Experience with Word, Google Docs, Adobe, Clio
$45,000+ yearly DOE
About Outerbridge Law P.C.
Established in 2019, Outerbridge Law P.C. is an extensive firm covering:
- Thriving landlord-tenant
- Real Estate
We are located in the heart of midtown, in New York City.
Composed of attorneys with combined decades of leading law firm experience, Outerbridge Law P.C. provides excellent legal services to a variety of clients in all areas while having a focus on landlord-tenant.