The Law Offices of Marjory Cajoux
Do you have a passion for helping others, stellar communication and organizational skills, and am an expert in the immigration process? Then you are a great fit for the Immigration Paralegal position on our team!
Dynamic and rapidly growing law firm in the heart of Downtown Brooklyn committed to providing outstanding client service in matters of complex Real Estate, Immigration, and Probate Administration seeks an experienced Immigration Paralegal. If you're organized, accurate, able to multi-task, prioritize, work well in a deadline driven environment, and am interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
- Organize our case filing systems to ensure all documents are properly sorted and easy to locate, and other administrative duties as needed
- Conduct interviews with clients to gather information about their legal issues
- Coordinate law office activity, including the drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
- Work with lawyers to prepare for trial by conducting research on legal articles, preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, filing motions, and assisting with client meetings
- Draft and file immigration petitions and applications (Employment, Family, Asylum and VAWA) with the United States Center for Immigration Services.
- Perform client intake to gather pertinent information regarding specific application or petition
- Maintain client contact, provide status updates, and explain immigration procedures
- Conduct research and draft letters of support, as needed
- Obtain required documentation and assist clients with understanding the process
- Draft and finalize affidavits
- Manage all immigration hearings and appointments, coordinating schedule with clients
- Maintain immigration caseload from petition creation to approval and update case management system
- At least 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Excellent organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Talented communicator and writer
In addition to the listed requirements, the ideal candidate will also be bilingual in French, Spanish, and/or Haitian Creole; possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; and, can effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management, clients, and other personnel.
About The Law Offices of Marjory Cajoux
The Law Offices of Marjory Cajoux believes delivering stellar legal representation begins and ends with our staff and are seeking employees who want to be a part of a great mission, a diverse staff and culture, where first names are used for everyone, and doors are always open. A place where delivering exceptional customer service to our clients and their families is our number #1 priority. If this sounds like a team that you want to be a part of, start your application today!