Sphere Mechanical Corp.
This position leads and performs in a variety of mechanical maintenance functions that encompass all trades and disciplines. The purpose of the job is to maintain heating/air conditioning and/or refrigeration systems. Responsibilities include:
- Equipment installation
- Repairs to heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment, and plumbing
- Filter changes
- Troubleshooting malfunctions and preventative maintenance on such equipment
- Electrical installation and repairs
- Refrigeration troubleshooting and repairs
- Other mechanical related work as assigned
- Clear knowledge and understanding of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning requirements and operations
- The ability to install/oversee the installation of commercial/industrial mechanical equipment
- Provide support to the construction project by reading and interpreting blueprints and the construction schedule to ensure a timely (and quality) completion of the project
- The ability to read, interpret, and perform a take-off from final/for construction blueprint drawings; and order materials/equipment as needed.
- Forecast and schedule labor hours (communicate with the project manager), provide look ahead labor schedules on a weekly basis and material look ahead daily
- Above-average communication (written and verbal) skills, ENGLISH Speaking
- Ability to be a working “supervisor”
- Must be able to work on ladders, lifts, scaffolding, roof, etc. without fear of heights
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Posses personal hand tools required to complete a standard HVAC project and can demonstrate proper safe use of tools/related equipment
- Must be able to travel throughout Southern California
- Minimum 8 years commercial/industrial HVAC experience
- OSHA 10 hour (or ability to obtain within 45 days of employment)
- Knowledge of EM385 requirements and guidelines
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to pass a federal background check
- Flexibility for travel and working overtime/weekends, as required (per diem paid for out of town work)
- Knowledge of mathematics, formulas, and design ability of related HVAC systems
$35 - $45 hourly
About Sphere Mechanical Corp.
Sphere Mechanical is an HVAC Mechanical Contractor based out of San Diego, California who performs work on various military bases in Southern California.