The HR Specialist provides comprehensive input, administration, and maintenance of ALCOVA Mortgage’s online HCMS (Human Capital Management System) database, as well as other HR systems. Is responsible for all Human Resources weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, as well as annual federal reports (e.g., ACA and EEO). The HR Specialist follows all ALCOVA policies and procedures, is an HR advocate, understands new-hire, recruitment, and post-hire processes. Ensures the accuracy and integrity of the Company’s database information. Serves as the primary point of contact for all HCMS-related matters within the Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Completes data-entry tasks and maintenance to ensure databases are up to date on ALCOVA’s HCMS, Paycom.
- Supports and provides assistance to the Company on all HCMS applications such as Payroll, Time and Attendance, Benefits, Cloud-based employment files, as well as the Applicant Tracking System.
- Accurately inputs, reviews, and maintains all HCMS information on an ongoing basis, including, but not limited to, compensation, job titles, departments, custom fields, PTO, locations, and users.
- Prepares end-user procedure guides and training materials within the Company regarding the HCMS as needed.
- Updates HCMS as needed with new functionality.
- Supports new-hire and termination processes by updating and maintaining accurate information in HR systems in coordination with all Corporate teams.
- Acts as the HCMS contact for employee requests which may include detection and troubleshooting of the system in order to resolve issues that may arise.
- Provides technical support regarding HCMS matters, recommending process improvements to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness within the Company.
- Creates all Human Resources’ weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, as well as other ad hoc reports as needed.
- Creates additional miscellaneous reports as requested for all departments, audits, etc.
- Responsible for HR and industry-specific systems and training sites.
- Conducts research, gathers data and statistical information on HCMS and industry-specific software and similar information as needed.
- Administers new-hire orientation programs with respect to Benefits selection and introduction to the HCMS system.
- Updates and maintains shared spreadsheets between multiple departments within the Corporate office.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE, AND COMPETENCIES
- At least 2 years of experience working with HCMS is required.
- High school diploma or GED, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Management, preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll/timecards is a plus.
- Highly motivated, ambitious, and driven to succeed.
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality of all sensitive and confidential matters and information.
- Accepts, without issue, delegation of duties.
- Knowledge of human resources new-hire, onboarding, and post-hire processes.
- Competent keyboarding skills to produce accurate data and well-presented reports.
- Ability to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets in a professional manner.
- An effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Committed to a culture of diversity.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment that is constantly changing.
- Excels at being a team player.
- Accepts constructive criticism and makes changes appropriately in order to improve.
- Trustworthy, honest, and displays a high level of integrity.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Able to understand and respond appropriately to basic inquiries.
- Able to read, write, and communicate using the English language sufficient to perform job functions.
- Ability to use Company equipment in assigned areas (including but not limited to telephone, copiers, fax machines, computers, internet, etc.).
- Able to access, input, retrieve, and interpret information using applicable computer systems (including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, industry-specific computer software, etc.).
- Able to multi-task (e.g., simultaneous usage of several applications, etc.).
- Well-versed with keyboard shortcuts and able to identify new ways to complete a task in less time.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works well under general supervision.
- Compliance with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws, and Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) requirements is required. Employee must complete annual training in these areas.
- This job operates in a clerical office setting; climate-controlled surroundings with adequate lighting and little or moderate noise when in the office.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and photocopying are required.
- This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
- This position requires minimal travel needed by private vehicle or airline carriers with overnight stays in modern facilities at times.
- Regional traffic conditions when traveling by car to-and-from business appointments.
- Mileage reimbursement will be provided at current IRS allowable rates.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- This position performs additional duties as assigned, given adequate guidance and resources.
- This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee to perform this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About ALCOVA Mortgage
Most companies start with a business plan. ALCOVA Mortgage started with a friendship. Bound by common background and inspired by a passion to serve, childhood friends Bobby Nicely, Billy Siple and Rob Lindstrom dreamed of one day starting a business.
In 2003, the trio joined together to establish a mortgage company—ALCOVA—an acronym for Alleghany County, VA, in honor of their roots.
In 2012, ALCOVA Mortgage made its debut on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States and has been recognized every year since. The company’s phenomenal growth of 96% in three years propelled it into the league of such legendary superstars that gained notoriety on the prestigious list as Dell, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Pandora, Timberland, Zillow, Yelp, and Domino’s Pizza.
Today, ALCOVA continues to thrive, largely because of its roots in friendship and the passion to serve.