People Support Manager
HHM is seeking a People Support Manager responsible for designing, planning, and implementing associate relations programs, policies, and procedures while maintaining good communication and positive relationships with associates at all levels to promote satisfaction, fairness and equity in the workplace. This position will act as an integral member of HHM's Philadelphia-based Corporate People Support team.
Potential Career Path
Sr. People Support Manager – People Support Director – Vice President of People Support
- Administers human resources policies and procedures that pertain to associate relations.
- Reviews recommendations to end employment of associates and administer disciplinary procedures.
- Directs or guides inquiries into internal claims of discrimination, sexual harassment and or any perceived unfair treatment in the workplace.
- Ensures all related documentation is comprehensive, timely and appropriate to the situation.
- Provides creative solutions and works to resolve work-related issues with comprehensive knowledge of company policies, procedures, practices and all state, federal, etc. labor laws and mandates.
- Provides individual coaching to staff at all organizational levels related to performance, misconduct, policy violations as needed.
- Reviews and advises post-hire criminal background checks according to federal, state and local laws.
- Partners with other departments on special projects and/or company initiatives such as hotel integrations, annual leadership conferences, etc.
- Serves as a link between management and associates by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Advises managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommends changes.
- Plans and conducts new hire associate orientation for corporate and field leaders to foster a positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Provides current and prospective associates with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and associate benefits.
- Maintains records and compiles statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and turnover.
- Analyzes training needs to design compliance and associate development training programs.
- Conducts stay and exit interviews to better the employment experience and identify reasons for associate separation.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- 3 -5 years previous Human Resources experience, hotel HR experience preferred, with a heavy focus on associate relations required.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of all applicable federal, state and local employment, health and safety regulations.
HHM Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Company Match
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Travel Discounts
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Educational/Professional Development
What We Believe
- People Are Our Capability
- Hearts That Serve
- Only Excellence
- Stay Nimble
- Own It