The Manager of Firm Talent and Recruiting administers and coordinates the Firm's human resources and recruiting efforts (attorney and non-attorney roles). The Manager of Firm Talent and Recruiting is responsible for recruitment and employee relations across all offices enabling the Firm to pursue its strategic objectives and business goals.
As the Manager of Firm Talent and Recruiting, you will be the face of the firm to attorneys, staff, candidates, and recruiters. The position will require overtime.
- Provide oversight of the Firm's policies and procedures
- Ensure that the firm maintains a compliant and integrated human resources operation that supports the attraction, development, and retention of the highest caliber legal and administrative talent for the firm
- This includes the strategies, policies, and systems for legal and staff recruiting, retention, development, and employee relations
- Responsible for leading recruiting efforts with the support of recruiting coordinator
- Manage and mentor Recruiting Coordinator to develop function into a full life cycle support role
- Coordinate candidate interviews and serve as the primary point of contact for candidates
- Manage all aspects of the lateral associate and staff recruitment ensuring appropriate communication and coordination with candidates, firm attorneys, administrative management, and any third-party recruiters
- Oversee all administrative aspects of onboarding for attorneys, legal assistants, and staff
- Facilitate the development and maintain the cohesiveness of the Firm's collegial, collaborative, team-oriented culture
- A bachelor's degree is required, with a preference for a master
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in human resources, in a law firm or professional services firm
- Excellent writing, presentation, and leadership skills
- A track record of working effectively in a fast-paced, multi-authority environment
- A polished, professional presence that engenders trust and confidence from all members of the organization
- Exceptional diplomatic skills and ability to work with a true partnership in a professional services environment
- Demonstrated experience identifying needs and driving change in a positive manner that ensures consistently polished client service, even during changes in process
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment in human resources matters, being decisive and taking action when appropriate, as well as knowing when to instead ask questions and consult with other professionals
- Ability to establish credibility quickly and build one-on-one relationships with senior leadership, seeking to understand their issues and goals, and working with them individually to gain their support for related issues
- Excellent time management and project management skills, combined with the ability to manage competing priorities in a calm, collected manner
- Capability to embrace organizational goals and promote those ideas
- Proficient in current versions of viDesktop (viRecruit and viCLE), Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and other industry technology
Formed in the midst of the financial crisis in 2009 by two highly-regarded partners at leading global
law firms, the firm has since grown steadily to 43 lawyers and 15 administrative staff with offices in New York,
Washington, DC, and Chicago. Its focus is on business disputes, intellectual property disputes, and white-collar
criminal defense and investigations.
The firm occupies an elite space in the legal profession, representing important clients around the world in some
of the most challenging disputes and investigations throughout America. The firm’s culture is paramount and is
the foundation for its success.