Seafair is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to join our team. At Seafair Capital we leverage our forward-thinking culture, shared core values, and in-house expertise, to bring energy, stability, and clarity to our group of companies. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the primary role of the HR Coordinator is to support the implementation and administration of HR programs and initiatives that support business objectives and maintain positive employee relations. This is a highly visible position that includes daily contact with employees, supervisors, management and representatives of external agencies.
This is a 6-month contract, with possible extension, funded through JobsNL under the Department of Advanced Education and Skills. Eligible Participant criteria as outlined in the program includes:
- Unemployed EI eligible individuals
- Unemployed/under-employed Non EI eligible individuals
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate the ability to think creatively and manage a project from start to finish. You must be self-motivated and detail-oriented, committed to excellence in the workplace, and have outstanding organizational skills. This position requires a very high energy level and flexibility with acute attention to detail. You must demonstrate the ability to learn new system and concepts quickly.
- Manage onboarding process, including processing of new hire paperwork, orientation training, new hire announcements.
- Assist employees and managers with inquiries and direct them to appropriate resources.
- Coordinate the talent acquisition process, including screening and selection, processing offer letters, background checks, and system set-up.
- Manage employee data files and processing of employment status changes such as leaves, promotions, terminations etc. and provide various reports through Bamboo HRIS system.
- Facilitate internal training initiatives by partnering with local management to identify and/or source appropriate internal/external trainings.
- Assist in driving the HR Talent Management strategy for building organizational capability and performance management.
- Lead employee engagement initiatives and events
- Manage funding applications for various jobs and/or training opportunities.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Seafair Core Values.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of a diploma in Human Resources Administration. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management preferred
- 1-3 years of Human Resources experience preferred.
- CPHR certification considered an asset
- Excellent PC skills, including MS office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- HRIS management experience preferred
- Communications and/or event planning experience would be an asset in this role
About Seafair Capital
Seafair Capital is a growth-focused private investment company that provides strategic leadership and shared services to our group of operating companies.
Our employees live our core values of:
At Seafair, we focus on unlocking the potential in our existing businesses and employees and have a goal of creating 2 Million Memorable Moments across the group of companies.