Hyatt House Pleasanton
Our hotel has an exciting opportunity to join our team as the Housekeeping Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assists the Executive Housekeeper and Assistant Executive Housekeeper in the supervision of all housekeeping associates. Also, assists in the scheduling and training of all staff.
- Acts as a liaison for the Director of Housekeeping and the Housekeeping Inspectors.
- Responds to guests' requests and complaints concerning the housekeeping department.
- Inspects guest rooms to ensure that quality of work and hotel standards are maintained.
- Maintains contact with the Front Desk and Sales. Approves rooms for occupancy and notifies the front desk.
- Fills in for the Executive Housekeeper/Assistant Housekeeper in his/her absence.
- Assists the Executive Housekeeper/Assistant Housekeeper with monthly inventories of guest and housekeeping supplies. Also place orders for all necessary equipment.
- Maintains and issues housekeeping keys.
- Ensures that staff is in adherence to hotel uniform/grooming standards at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises 5 to 10 employees in the Housekeeping Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning; assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Extensive knowledge of hotel housekeeping techniques is a must.
About Hyatt House Pleasanton
Located in the Hacienda Business Park, Hyatt House Pleasanton is a residential-style hotel ideal for extended stay travelers to the San Francisco area. Our hotel features large suites with complimentary breakfast, free parking, and a pool and hot tub for relaxation. Our spacious one and two-bedroom suites are designed to create contemporary experiences with separate living and kitchen areas, and modern workspaces. Engaging social spaces to meet with friends or colleagues, meeting rooms, and a prime location all cater to today’s travelers.