Five Rivers Management
We’re in search of a housekeeper to ensure guest satisfaction during their stay with us. Responsibilities include cleaning guest rooms, restrooms, and common areas, making beds, doing laundry, ironing sheets, and other general cleaning duties as assigned. The ideal candidate is a cleaning enthusiast, a team-player, and a highly-organized professional.
JOB TITLE: Room Attendant
LOCATION: Hotel JOB CODE: 42135
DEPT: Operations FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper EFFECTIVE DATE: 08/20/2020
This position is responsible for cleaning guest rooms and baths in accordance with Brand Standards, for quantity, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and safety and security.
- Stock supply cart and use the number of supplies that are in accordance with standards.
- Clean guest rooms, which includes but is not limited to striping and making the bed, gathering and emptying trash, cleaning mirrors, dusting furniture and fixtures, and vacuuming.
- Clean guest baths, which includes but is not limited to cleaning bath fixtures, commodes, floors, wall and mirrors.
- Replenish guest rooms and baths with amenities, supplies, and linen and terry in accordance to standards.
- Inspect room for repairs or fixtures that are not working properly and make small repairs such as replacing batteries for remote control or replacing light bulbs. Report request for repairs to supervisor or maintenance department in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Inspect rooms and baths to assure quality standards have been achieved.
- After cleaning each room and bath, report room status to the front desk in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Achieve productivity and quality standards for cleaning rooms and baths.
- After cleaning rooms and baths, store cart and supplies, and empty trash in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Announce presence and enter guest rooms in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Smile, acknowledge, and greet guests in rooms and/or in passing in hallways and other public areas.
- Respond to guest's request for additional supplies such as extra towels, iron board, etc.
- Be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Assist other team members in various assignments, such as operating the hotel automobile or courtesy van, and assisting with complimentary breakfast, laundry, and housekeeping house person. Other duties as directed.
Safety and Security
- Perform duties in accordance with Safety and Security Policies and Procedures.
Perform duties in accordance with OSHA, HAZCOM, and Blood Borne Pathogens regulations and other applicable state and local regulations
- Report lost and found items in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Housekeeping experience preferred.
- General knowledge of cleaning chemicals and their safety preferred
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to understand and comprehend English preferred.
- Organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow written directions.
- Prolonged periods of standing, carrying and walking.
- Firm and simple grasping are required for all aspects of this position.
- Climbs stairs 20% of the time.
- Bending and/or stooping up to 60% of the time while performing essential tasks.
- Being on knees up to 40% of the day cleaning floors, under sink and commode and under beds.
- Standing and walking within the confines of the laundry room most of the time. Pushing and pulling for approximately 75% of the time.
- Lift 25 lbs - 50 lbs.
- Twisting torso for approximately 75% of the time.
- Reaching above shoulder level, less than 5% of the time.
- Squatting is required 5% of the time.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible in hours/days.
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions in order to provide service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to use supplied electronic devices
- Experience with a variety of cleaning products and techniques
- Graduated high school, received G.E.D or equivalent
- Impeccable work ethic and excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- At least 1 year of experience as a professional housekeeper preferred
About Five Rivers Management
Our hotel is located in Midvale UT and run by Five Rivers Management.