Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows
We’re hiring a housekeeping manager to provide excellent sanitation and customer service to our hotel guests. You’ll be responsible for leading the housekeeping staff, ensuring team members perform their job duties to our high standards, and keeping the housekeeping department well-stocked with cleaning supplies. Applicants should have hospitality experience, enjoy their work, and demonstrate a commitment to meeting and exceeding guest expectations. Previous experience in a supervisory role is required. If this sounds like you, apply now!
($200 Sign On Bonus)
- Order cleaning supplies as needed, control inventory and manage the department budget
- Hire and train housekeeping staff to perform cleaning duties and deliver customer satisfaction to our expectations
- Keep a record of areas cleaned by room attendants and make a note of any issues such as room damage or maintenance requests
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is in proper working condition and make arrangements for repairs as needed
- Supervise housekeeping staff as they perform daily assignments, including cleaning all guest rooms and public areas
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and are consistent with HHM core values.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, and grounds for cleanliness, appearance, and safety.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services and resolve guests’ complaints and concerns.
- Prepare schedules based upon occupancy and assign duties to associates.
- Take inventory and submit periodic inventory orders to insure supplies are purchased in a timely manner.
- Prepare required paperwork pertaining to departmental functions.
- Be aware of and communicate guest service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Comply with HHM internal audit standards pertaining to key control and risk management areas (I.E. lost and found, key control, guest room safety).
- Maintain departmental expenses in line with budget as described by General Manager.
- Ensure compliance with specific brand standards.
- Be aware of and communicate service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits; follow MSDS and OSHA standards; wear protective safety equipment and participate in safety committees as directed.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- The ideal applicant is an experienced leader who demonstrates great attention to detail and customer service skills
- Strong understanding of environmental services (EVS) including cleaning processes and how to use a variety of cleaning supplies and equipment
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in housekeeping management as an executive housekeeper, housekeeping director, or other similar position
- A High school diploma or GED is required
- Over 2 years of experience in guest services or hospitality
- A High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- One year of previous housekeeping supervisor experience is required.
$48,000 - $50,000
About Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows
Surrounded by a plethora of prominent destinations, Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows helps take the stress out of travel. From going on a shopping spree at Park Meadows to having a day full of fun in the city's Entertainment District, you'll find everything you need within just moments of our doorstep. Our on-site Starbucks® provides the ideal opportunity to get your morning off on the right foot with a fresh cup of coffee and delectable pastry. Tantalize your taste buds with an unforgettable meal at Sonoma'z Grill, our restaurant offering various Colorado-inspired cuisine for all three meals in a casual atmosphere. When you need a moment to yourself, there's no better place to unwind than in the serenity of our spacious accommodations featuring a blend of high-tech and high-touch amenities such as marble bathrooms, flat-panel TVs and scenic views of the Rocky Mountains.