We’re looking for an Assistant Housekeeping Manager to join our team! As an Assistant Housekeeping Manager, your primary responsibility is to assist the Housekeeping Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the housekeeping department.
Hotel Indigo is looking for a strong candidate that is responsible, cares about the company, and has a sense of integrity. If you feel you have these traits, please apply!
- Assist the Housekeeper Manager as needed, especially when Housekeeping Manager is off
- Must inspect rooms to the highest level of scrutiny and paying attention to detail (you will be the last pair of eyes to see the room before the guest checks in)
- Adhere to the department budget, oversee inventory, and order cleaning supplies
- Handle training of housekeeping staff so that they can achieve and exceed our standards of cleanliness and customer satisfaction
- Supervise housekeeping staff as they perform daily assignments, including cleaning all guest rooms and public areas
- Keep a record of areas cleaned by room attendants and make a note of any issues such as room damage or maintenance requests
- Make sure all cleaning equipment is in good working condition and schedule repairs as needed
- The inspector will not only inspect rooms but will also get their hands dirty and clean rooms
- Inspector must pay attention to detail on cleanliness
- Strong understanding of environmental services (EVS) including cleaning processes and how to use a variety of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Must possess excellent leadership, organizing, and customer service skills
- Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent (GED)
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in housekeeping management as an executive housekeeper, housekeeping director, or other similar position
- At least 2+ years experience in hospitality or guest services
- Candidate must be a go getter and follow directions
- Hotel is need of a strong candidate who is motivated and is ready to step up in their career
$14 - $15 per hour
About Hotel Indigo
The Hotel Indigo Birmingham is located in a landmark Art Deco-style building dating from the early 1930s in the city's historic Five Points South neighborhood. Originally designed for medical offices and across from the first apothecary in Birmingham, the building became a hotel in the 1980s but still retains its original medical insignia etched above the elevator doors. The hotel's design acknowledges the building's rich history while incorporating modern amenities like hardwood floors, spa-inspired showers, luxury bath amenities, and linens. We're also adding some exciting (and tasty) options to an area already known as one of the city's premier dining and entertainment districts. The Rx Lounge pays homage to the medical apothecary theme and provides prescriptions in the form of food and beverage.