The New Mexico Boys & Girls Ranches
Are you looking for rewarding work with your spouse and willing to relocate to New Mexico?
We are looking for couples to work as Houseparent’s/Associate Houseparents. Moving assistance is provided.
- Have no more than two children currently living with them
- Are willing and able to model healthy behaviors, morals, and values
- Are willing to work with youth from troubled backgrounds
- If hired, couples will need to be willing to engage in continual growth and learning about dealing with kids
The starting salary is $43,000 - $48,000/couple and housing and meals, DOE.
Your Compensation includes salary, housing, paid utilities and meals, medical coverage, life insurance, and four weeks of vacation per year. Housing arrangements vary but generally consist of 2/3 bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, and kitchen. A max of 2 pets with a deposit.
- Demonstrate and coach residents through basic skills such as room organization, cleaning, work ethic, punctuality, recreational activities, manners, cooking, laundry and clothing care, time management, communication skills, relationship building, conflict resolution, financial management, etc.
- Prepare breakfast, with resident assistance, each morning, as well as three meals per day on weekends and non-school days, maintain an atmosphere of organization in the cottage, and demonstrate an aptitude for planning and managing daily activities
- Assist with resident educational needs
- Maintain a schedule for routine medications as needed
- Care for residents with minor illnesses or injuries
- Attend church activities with the residents and answer questions about faith, as they arise
- Transport residents to activities/appointments in organization vehicles
- Supervise residents in a variety of settings and activities
- Teach and manage cottage projects and vocational training projects
- Communicate and collaborate with team members
- Produce quality electronic reports daily
- Perform minor repairs/maintenance of housing, vehicles, and equipment
- Reinforce positive discipline and behavioral expectations
- Use common-sense, daily life, and teaching techniques - to encourage residents in behavioral and relationship improvements
- Use healthy communication skills which provide effective interactions with peers and campus visitors
- Provide feedback to the team/family members about the resident's activities and interactions with others
- GED/High School diploma
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Ability to be cleared on a background check
- Models and lives through integrity
- Good communication
- Writing skills
$43,000 - $48,000 per couple
About The New Mexico Boys & Girls Ranches
Established as New Mexico Boys Ranch, Inc. in 1944, our organization has evolved into three divisions that promote opportunity and meaningful help for struggling children and their families. Our multi-denominational Christian programs offer kids a safe place to live, a personalized plan to address their needs and goals, and individualized education and counseling. Please visit our website for more information www.theranches.org