HILTON GARDEN INN TEMPLE
Our busy restaurant is looking for a detail-oriented individual with exceptional time management abilities who is passionate about providing our clients with an exceptional dining experience. As our next line cook, you will be responsible for ensuring that every dish is cooked and presented following appropriate recipes, presentation standards, and with accuracy for the guest order. We need an experienced cook who is comfortable with a variety of cooking techniques such as poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking. Our ideal applicant is a team player who can successfully communicate with other kitchen staff to keep our restaurant running efficiently. If you have a friendly and energetic attitude with a passion for food, please apply today!
This position also will make tips by delivering room service orders.
- 1 week of paid vacation on your 1 year anniversary!
- We feed you 1 Hot meal per shift!
- The best benefit we offer is room for growth! Our company is rapidly building hotels in Central Texas and we love to hire from within! We will reward loyalty, hard work, and dedication!
- Prepare food orders on the line by cooking items to order, grilling, broiling, sauteing and meet all presentation guidelines and follow standard recipes
- Recognize and adhere to quality requirements for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products, as well as correct storage and waste management
- Assemble a system of food stations and fill them with everything they need for the shift
- Demonstrate professional and pleasant demeanor when interacting with visitors, vendors, and associates
- Maintain work stations, including all countertops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition per health and safety regulations
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- We prefer some experience working in the food service industry
- Must be able to meet all safety and sanitation requirements of kitchen equipment and food storage
- Candidates must have completed high school or received similar certification such as a GED
- Candidates must be hardworking, detail-oriented, and have a strong work ethic
$12 - $15 hourly
About HILTON GARDEN INN TEMPLE
Join a team of hospitality professionals who pride themselves on having a serving heart and enjoy a good challenge! We have a successful history of being the best in Central Texas. We enjoy being a part of an industry that is competitive and has the liberty to be creative. We are also part of a healthy brand in Hilton with a rich heritage and deep roots. Because of this relationship we get to enjoy the perks of travel with deeply discounted rates! Our company is growing by leaps and bounds so there is plenty of room for growth!