Best Western Independence
Part-Time Hotel Receptionist
We are searching for an enthusiastic, service-focused hotel front desk agent to join our guest services team. You’ll welcome guests, manage accounts, answer inquiries and field complaints to ensure we deliver an excellent experience to every guest. You will bring excellent communication skills and a passion for putting our guests first. If you love interacting with people in a positive work environment, apply now!
- Bookkeeping: keep accurate records of all hotel guest account information
- Handle customer complaints as necessary
- Take incoming calls, online and in-person room bookings requests, and answer questions about guests’ needs involving room rates, available rooms, amenities, rewards programs, and special requests
- Greet, check-in, and check out guests when they arrive and leave the premises, distribute keys and room assignments, and record credit card information
- Communicate with housekeeping to make sure guest rooms are ready
- Excellent time management skills, organizational skills, customer service skills, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable taking telephone calls and mitigating stressful situations
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- At least one year of hospitality industry experience as a hotel front desk agent or similar position preferred
- Exhibits working knowledge of Microsoft Office and reservation management systems
$12 - $14 hourly
About Best Western Independence
The Best Western Independence Kansas City is a newly renovated and vibrant hotel. Built with our guests in mind the rooms have the comforts of home and the peace of mind with being in a safe place. Stay with us while you visit Kansas City for a Chiefs Weekend, a visit to see family or friends, and the chance to get out of your hometown.