We are looking for a Hotel Receptionist to oversee the daily operations of our hotel as well as provide strategic direction. You will plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of the business. It is important for the hotel assistant manager to be involved in all aspects of the hotel operations. You will be a key person of reference for employees and clients as well as external vendors. The hotel Hotel Receptionist must be able to guide the employees to work as a well-functioning team. The ideal candidate will be a team player and an effective leader, able to set examples and foster a climate of cooperation. The goal is to enhance customer dedication and expand our clientele by strengthening our hotel’s reputation. You will assist with other business-related tasks. You will be required to hold a valid driver's license and may be required to travel within the DFW metro occasionally.
- Entry-level management position that focuses on supporting the day-to-day activities of Hotel Operations in areas that include Housekeeping, Bookkeeping/Customer Service
- Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information, etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations, etc.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners, etc.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Access all functions of the P.O.S. system in accordance with specifications Runs and reviews critical information contained in room operations reports
- Conduct a formal training program on the required job functions with criteria expected and department orientation with new hires
- Other tasks per request
- While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates
- Experience as Hotel Receptionist or relevant role
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus but not required
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) is an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Outstanding leadership skills and great attention to detail
- Able to make quick and effective decisions, solve problems, as well as maintain confidentiality
$15 - $18 hourly
Small boutique hotel in Bishop Arts District.
The candidate must be located in the DFW area and have reliable transportation.