Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront
Do you flourish in a fast-paced atmosphere where you can demonstrate your leadership abilities? If this is the case, we have an excellent opportunity for you as our next General Manager. Our busy hotel requires a creative thinker who can introduce new ideas to increase revenue and establish customer relationships to encourage repeat business. As a mostly seasonal role from April through the end of October, you'll have the opportunity to be the face of our establishment during our bustling and vibrant peak months and be able to enjoy a lighter schedule during the winter. You will not only lead our team, but you will also need to provide the best service to our guests. Day-to-day duties will involve hiring new employees, training them, managing all hotel departments, and guaranteeing outstanding guest satisfaction. Our ideal candidate has 5 or more years of experience leading a hotel or hospitality team and is dedicated to providing our customers with a 5-star experience. Apply now if you're ready for a new challenge!
- Inspire your staff through leadership, vision, and operational strategies that drive financial success by providing exceptional guest service
- Lead sales and marketing efforts by developing a targeted strategy for publicizing the hotel's services and amenities
- Establish the hotel's reputation for quality by inspecting rooms, public areas, and the surrounding grounds for cleanliness and upkeep
- Guide the leaders of each hotel department in developing goals, objectives, and a plan of action for achieving them
- Generate a budget that ensures guest satisfaction and quality of services while also keeping costs balanced and profit margins maximized
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including guests, staff, and local businesses.
- Ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Representing the hotel in the community and at industry events.
- Maintaining brand standards and ensuring that all aspects of the hotel's operations align with the brand's guidelines and expectations.
- Manage Group Sales.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and problem-solving skills
- Must have a strong focus on putting the guest first with exceptional customer service experience
- You must have 5 or more years of experience working in the hospitality field
- A proven record of experience managing a team, preferably in the hospitality field, is required
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED; we prefer a degree in hospitality or related field of study
About Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront
Best Western Harbour Pointe consistently ranks #1 on TripAdvisor, delivering the very best experiences while visiting the Straits of Mackinac. We have been providing memorable vacations for over 30 years, offering 150 rooms and suites in a multiple-building, eleven-acre waterfront, resort-style hotel property. Guests enjoy indoor and outdoor heated pools, two hot tub spas, nightly bonfires with s'mores, and daily breakfast. We are located a few blocks from shopping, attractions, and the Mackinac Island ferry docks. We hope you will join our team and enjoy Michigan's, Crown Jewel.