Do you have high standards of quality and accuracy?
Do you like to work hard in a small team environment where you are a one-person department - independent in your daily work?
Do you like to complete work from start to finish?
Do you have an eye for detail and the ability to do the job right the first time?
Do you like to follow established award-winning quality assurance protocols to keep a building looking brand new every day?
Would you like to work for a company that provides you the tools and resources you need to do your job well?
In addition to fixing things, are you the kind of person who will be satisfied in a position where you spend time each day executing more tedious janitorial duties including trash, perimeter walks, and daily room and system inspections?
The Maintenance Engineer reports to the General Manager and will have responsibility for total quality assurance in all guest suites and common areas of the hotel. This includes preventative maintenance for guest suites, public areas major equipment, and grounds.
Come work for a company that values your hard work and contributions! We offer great benefits including health insurance, hotel discounts, and generous paid time off.
- Maintain the hotel grounds and building exteriors on a daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal basis participating in daily room maintenance
- Establish and maintain preventive maintenance program in accordance with Best Methods CL Hospitality standards
- Complete all maintenance work orders identified for the day - painting, minor electrical plumbing, drywall repair, HVAC cleaning, appliance installation
- Assess maintenance issues and either fix them or initiate service call with established vendors
- Maintain a work order assignment board and track completed/pending work orders. Follow-up on all incomplete work orders to inform requesting guest or department of the status of their work order
- Ensure routine preventative maintenance on laundry equipment, heating, and air conditioning units, ice machines, fire extinguishers, fire/smoke alarms, lawn sprinklers, lawn equipment, exercise equipment, and plumbing are performed as required by the manufacturer and in accordance with the warranty specifications
- Inspect guest rooms
- Implement Maintenance Department programs to assure that the quality criteria are met
- Educate appropriate staff on basic maintenance procedures to maintain high-quality guest service
- Maintain key control file and logs
- Communicate all changes in room status to the front office
- Carry a pager in order to respond to emergencies
- Any reasonable request by management that the maintenance engineer is capable of performing
- Minimum of 2 years consistent employment experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience in plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC experience a plus
- Ability to keep a good record of repairs and use systems in place to promote good preventive maintenance
- Willingness to perform tasks such as parking lot clean up, property walks on a regular basis
- Strong technical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Desire to meet/exceed exceptionally high standards
- Exceptional attitude
- High degree of self-motivation
- Capacity to do whatever it takes to keep the hotel well maintained and in tip-top shape
$17 - $20 hourly
About EXCL Hospitality
EXCL Hospitality takes pride in providing an exceptional work environment for its employees with generous Paid Time Off, Medical Benefits, Performance Bonus, and Travel Discounts at over 3000 Hotels worldwide. EXCL Hospitality is deeply committed to giving its teams the resources it needs to be successful.
EXCL Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.EOE m/f/d/v
EXCL Hospitality is an amazing place to work! Come join our team!