The Hotel Maintenance Engineer is primarily responsible for the overall maintenance of the hotel’s building and grounds and for the operation of its equipment and mechanical/electrical systems. Key responsibilities include keeping all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel and completing maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotel’s standard operating procedures.
- Maintain company and franchise maintenance standards for both guest rooms and public areas.
- Resolve maintenance problems, complaints and work orders.
- Ensure that property and equipment are maintained in a safe manner, and that all repairs are made as specified by manufacture.
- Service the hotel’s pool including cleaning, appearance, and chemical balance and completing maintenance log.
- Maintain building exterior.
- Clean and maintain pool everyday.
- Thoroughly complete maintenance logs.
- Follow and maintain a preventative maintenance program.
- Perform or assist with periodic or scheduled cleaning projects.
- Assist other departments when needed and perform other related duties as assigned.
- 2 Years Hotel Maintenance
- Basic reading and writing
- Must be able to Carry or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to spend the majority of the day walking, standing, twisting, bending, pushing/pulling and kneeling
- Strong attention to detail required
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions
- Must be flexible in hours and days available to work including weekends and holidays
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with multiple interruptions
- Being passionate about people and service
- Communication skills are used frequently when interacting with guests, staff, and supervisor
$14 - $16 hourly
About Best Western
Located in Round Rock, TX, the Best Western Round Rock is sure to provide a peaceful and comforting home away from home for any traveler or employee. This hotel has an excellent work environment created by our amazing and friendly team members. We have an excellent bonus program that rewards our employees that excel in their duties. The management team invests in all of our employees and we provide lots of room for growth and personal development. If you are looking for a family-like environment with a great culture - look no further! You'll not only join one of the fastest growing hotel brands in its market place, but also a multi-skilled team where everyone can be themselves and at the same time constantly find smart ways to make work fun.