Doubletree by Hilton Gainesville
We're looking for a courteous, detail-oriented maintenance engineer to provide our guests with a five-star experience. You'll be in charge of overseeing the property’s overall upkeep and carrying out routine processes to make it fully functioning, pleasurable, and safe. Candidates for this position must be active, imaginative, and consistent in their commitment to assist our guests. If this describes you, we'd want to hear from you. If you’re a problem solver ready for a career in the hospitality field, apply today!
- Observe all engineering safety rules and criteria
- Manage the hotel's machinery and preventive maintenance procedures
- Create an available channel of communication between you and other staff, including managers and department heads
- Complete all work orders and fix maintenance problems promptly
- Work with a variety of tools hammers and screwdrivers, indicators and edge finders, drills, wrenches, and other maintenance tools of the trade
- Driver’s license and outstanding driving record is necessary
- The ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. or more is required
- Good knowledge of computer software; preferably facilities management software
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills are necessary
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent GED
About Doubletree by Hilton Gainesville
Our hotel is next to I-75 in Gainesville's retail district, within easy reach of dining and shopping options. The University of Florida is two miles away – we have plenty of UF spirit with corn hole and a custom Gator ping pong table in the courtyard. Enjoy our resort-style outdoor pool and whirlpool.