Retreat Hotels and Resorts
Do you take pride in providing a clean and sanitary experience for hotel guests? You might be a great fit to join our team! We're hiring a reliable and enthusiastic laundry attendant who is comfortable talking with guests and will make them feel at ease. This hotel is currently under construction and slated to open in the summer of 2022. This job offers an interesting opportunity to be a part of this brand-new hotel’s pre-opening process!
Our laundry attendants perform a variety of duties including washing, ironing, pressing, and folding linens. Our ideal candidate has experience with commercial laundry products and the ability to lift 20 pounds or more regularly. Job seekers should be personable, organized, and enjoy working on a team. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Both part-time and full-time positions are available.
- Inspect laundry equipment visually and report any maintenance issues to the building management
- Check that all cleaning supplies are stocked and notify the general manager if any are running low
- Load all laundry into the washer and add specified cleaning agents according to directions
- Dry clothing and linens after each wash cycle according to the manufacturer's instructions
- Sort all linens to identify stains and treat stains with proper cleaning products and methods
- At least 1 year of experience as a laundry attendant, housekeeper or similar role preferred
- We require the ability to consistently lift 20 or more pounds
- Hard worker with strong time management, organizational, and communication skills
- Good understanding of commercial cleaning techniques and products
$13 - $15 hourly
About Retreat Hotels and Resorts
Retreat Hotels and Resorts turns striking visions into reality by developing, owning, and operating hotels. Retreat Hotels started in 1985 when it renovated and operated the historic Jekyll Island Club on Jekyll Island, GA. Since then, Retreat has been involved in several new hotel developments. Retreat has a three-fold mission:
- Create an unrivaled guest experience, where guests return year after year.
- Be a responsible member of the community and proactively protect and preserve the environment.
- Provide a warm and inviting place to work where hard work, creativity, and ethical practices are rewarded--a place where employees want a career that can last a lifetime.