Inn on Carleton
Do you have previous experience in the hospitality industry and a strong desire to provide excellent customer service to our guests? You could be just what we're looking for in our next houseperson. Our hotel is extremely busy, and we need a detail-oriented individual who is willing to perform a wide range of tasks to ensure that our guests have an exceptional experience. Responsibilities include keeping hotel public areas clean such as hallways, meeting rooms, and lobbies. You will also support housekeeping by delivering items requested by guests such as amenities, rollaway beds, cribs, and bedding to guest rooms, and completing any special projects assigned by housekeeping managers. You should have at least one year of experience as a housekeeper or houseperson. Please apply now if you have excellent people skills and are looking for a new challenge!
- Anticipate, listen intently, and respond quickly to visitors' requirements to provide the best quality of service
- Begin each shift by visiting assigned floors and collect trash, dirty linen, and other materials as instructed by management
- Restock linen supply on each floor by transporting clean linen to the housekeeping storage facilities
- Maintain the cleanliness of the guest rooms and hallways, as well as the lobby and other workspaces
- Bring requested supplies, such as rollaway beds, cribs, and blankets, to guest rooms
- Perform all duties of running the property: i.e. guest reservations, hospitality and concierge service, food and beverage oversight
- Bed making and laundry, property maintenance, gardening, and baking
- Proven customer service experience with a strong guest-focused mentality
- Possesses a strong work ethic with exemplary organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Experience with a variety of cleaning products and techniques
- Must have graduated high school or received an equivalent certification (GED)
- 1 year experience as an Innkeeper strongly desired
About Inn on Carleton
Situated on a tranquil street in Portland’s historic West End neighborhood just minutes away from central downtown, The Inn on Carleton, a restored 1869 Victorian-era home, offers guests the best of both worlds: a relaxing retreat and easy access to Portland’s countless restaurants, shops, waterfront, and museums.