Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City Overland Park
A Guest Services Agent is responsible for greeting and registering guests, the hotel's check-in and checkout process, handling their requests, following up on all calls to ensure quality service has been provided, and providing committed hospitality to guests at all times. This job is not to be confused with a typical Front Desk Job. This is a high-traffic multi-task job with a flexible schedule needed for either the morning shift, or PM shift (7a-3p and 3p-11p). Hotel experience is a great factor that will heavily lead you into immediate consideration!
The Embassy Suites Overland Park has many benefits as well- monthly and bi-weekly bonuses for Hilton Enrollments, Great Service Scores, name mentions in reviews, and more! We are a newly renovated hotel looking for great personalities to be the face of the first ever built Embassy Suites.
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet guests and complete the registration process to include, but not limited to, inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirmation of guest information and room rate, selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, promoting marketing programs, providing a welcome packet and ensuring guest knows the location of the room and/or has a bell person accompany him/her
- Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms and services are correctly accounted for, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit, and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, converting foreign currency, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries
- Use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities and to maximize room occupancy and restaurant/bar sales
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction
- Receive, input, retrieve and relay messages to guests
- Place maintenance inquiries and needs into Hotel's online request platform to ensure guests get their issues resolved
- Ability to communicate openly and confidently with guests
- Ability to follow guidelines and procedures, cash handling policies, and other general policies of the Guest Service Department
- Open availability is a plus
- Dependable form of communication & transportation
$14.25 - $15.20 hourly
About Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City Overland Park
- Benefits: Full time, includes health, dental and vision.
The hotel has many benefits as well - Hilton Hotel discounts (some hotel discounts as low as $39 a night!), Travel discounts, 50% off all food, monthly and bi weekly bonuses for Hilton Enrollments, Great Service Scores, name mentions in reviews, and more! We are a newly renovated hotel looking for great personalities to be the face of the first ever built Embassy Suites.