Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Quantico
A General Manager for an EXCL Hospitality managed hotel has overall responsibility for the sales and operations of a limited-service hotel and small team. A successful EXCL Hospitality General Manager is a hands-on leader who knows how to drive revenue by exceptional customer service and quality room stays while creating a team that enjoys coming to work each day. The GM focuses on Quality, Compliance, Service, Team, Profit, and Sales. Their primary responsibilities are to execute existing EXCL systems to maximize profitability, ensure superior service, drive brand standards, quality, guest satisfaction, safety and security processes, hotel performance, and the development of people.
We are a growing management company that will value your contributions and recognizes outstanding achievements!
Our motto is Happy Teams. Happy Guests. Happy Owners.
We will support you and give you the resources you need to build and lead a great team. Each of our hotels is award-winning for quality and customer service excellence. If you are motivated by being the best, working hard, and having fun, please apply today.
- Lead our full team EXCL Morning Room Preparation process each morning (a physical and energetic time of group effort to set the day's housekeeping and maintenance team up for success). The GM is in every room that is cleaned each day
- Participate in a daily and direct hands-on way, leading the operations of the housekeeping and front desk teams
- Interview, hire, coach, and train staff; handle terminations when necessary
- Facilitate sales lead management processes within the hotel. Provide inspiration (or motivation) to the sales support to team
- Oversee tracking of leads and results, follow up to ensure sales leads are actively managed and developed
- Maintain relationships with target accounts. Sustain and retain pieces of business that are core business
- Take ownership of sales calls on accounts
- Ensure a super clean room by inspections and training. No room is sold until it has been verified to meet quality standards
- Lead our sales efforts by building a culture of extraordinary customer service
- Ensure that all safety and security processes are executed to keep our employees, guests, and building safe and secure
- Administer and the hotel revenue and expense budgets, vendor relationships, sourcing of contracts, etc.
- Embrace the EXCL systems and be the first to bring forth areas of opportunities to improve
- Analyze Profit and Loss and General Ledger statements
- Manage the daily, weekly, monthly duties for the hotel's online Property Management, Rate Management, Accounting, Human Resources, and Sales Software systems
- Reply to reviews in a timely manner and handle guest issues and complaints to ensure guest satisfaction
- Manage schedule, and review and approve the hotel payroll
- Review room rate and inventory management to ensure maximization of room revenue
- Recruit, hire, train, counsel, and motivate team members. Happy Teams = Happy Guests. Happy Owners
- Ensure proper delivery of guest special requests
- Drive superior guest satisfaction and manage online reviews and feedback
- Inspect rooms according to quality standards for cleanliness and proper preventative maintenance
- Execute hotel programs to assure that the quality program criteria are met
- Ensure all team members are trained to act competently in the event of an emergency or accident at the hotel
- Ensure a viable key control program is in place in all hotel departments.
- Ensure team members follow appropriate cash control procedures
- Ensure the security needs of the property and guests are met
- Conduct regular team and sales meetings seeking feedback and providing motivation with solutions
- Respond to requests from the immediate supervisor. Weekly conference calls and monthly site visits from owners and management company representatives. This challenging position has overall responsibility for managing the operations of the hotel to maximize profitability, ensure superior service and product quality, and drive brand and value initiatives, hotel performance, and the development of people
- Do whatever it takes to make this hotel successful!!!
- Minimum 2-3 Years consistent management experience
- Great communication and problem-solving skills
- A high degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Willingness and ability to work hard
- Exceptional attitude and attention to detail
- Ability to work within a budget and pay bills in a timely manner
- Desire to meet/exceed high standards
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Front desk management ability and availability to cover shifts when needed
- Hotel management experience a big plus
$60,000 - $70,000 yearly
About Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Quantico
EXCL Hospitality is the management company for the hotel and takes pride in providing an exceptional work environment for its employees with generous Paid Time Off, Medical Benefits, Performance Bonus, and Travel Discounts at over 3000 Hotels worldwide. EXCL Hospitality is deeply committed to giving its teams the resources it needs to be successful.
EXCL Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.EOE m/f/d/v